Screen stay awake after Jelly Bean update

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have the screen timeout set to 15 seconds, but many times it just does not turn off. It does not happen always, that makes me wonder if its certain app causing it. If thats the case, how do I find out? I have restarted the device and the behavior is sporadic. I am having to be careful and manually turn off the screen now every time I touch my device. Has anyone else seen this?

ddsdaltx#AC

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am having the same issue, I did the manual update to my stock Galaxy S3 and it seems that once I do a reboot it clears up. I also just turned off the Smart Stay option to see if it is maybe an issue with Jelly Bean.

I wish there was away to see an install/update history to see if it is a new program on an update to an application that is causing the problem.

Hopefully someone will have an answer.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I am having the same issue, I did the manual update to my stock Galaxy S3 and it seems that once I do a reboot it clears up. I also just turned off the Smart Stay option to see if it is maybe an issue with Jelly Bean.

I wish there was away to see an install/update history to see if it is a new program on an update to an application that is causing the problem.

Hopefully someone will have an answer.

I have seen this behavior and wondered about it being connected to smart stay possibly seeing something that it thought were my eyes.... I let it happen and watched the eye come on a few times.... i just moved the phone to a different side of my desk and it turned off when it was supposed to.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ddsdaltx#AC

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried to figure out what I change or updated that might be causing the problem. I figured out that when I switched to another keyboard the screen would stay on once I used the keyboard. I have now switched back to SwipeKey 3 and the problem went away. I haven't research the settings on the other keyboard to see if there is a setting that I need to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty