How to remove Facebook Gallery Pictures from Galaxy S3

Paul Riome

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your help on this. The FB images don't show in the Gallery. But are the images still stored on my phone? Or was there just a link back to FB where the images are stored??

gracewing

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Amber for your advice on post No 16, but it seems the FB pics are only hidden from display because they can be easily brought back.
I have to agree with Mal on post 20 and ask: in the effort to save storage space, how do you get the pics off the SGIII?

A Massey

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Simple.. Open your picture gallery, open the menu with the bottom left soft key, select "content to display" and it'll give you the option to uncheck either "ALL, FACEBOOK, PICASSA", or whatever other source of pictures you've chosen to share with. This is of course with the 4.3 update. Never recall having this issue before hand. Good luck.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
had to dig this one up , facebook still wont stop syncing after everything i have done. gone into facebook app and stop syncing, gone into gallery and stopped it there. checked in device only and it still syncs facebook photos. my gosh anything else???

Mack36456

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I was trying to remove these pictures as well.
After I came across your message here I was able to do that.
I turned off ALL SYNC for all of the apps pictures I was trying to delete.
I then went
Settings > General > Application Manager >(Swipped right to left) All > I found the app I was looking for (Facebook & Gallery) > Cleared Cache then cleared Data.

I went back to my Gallery and the images were gone. This makes me very happy.

Thank you.

Mack :D

(P.S The above.)

Hala Mouaket

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok....I have found the only way to really remove the pictures, not just from view...
You have to delete your Facebook account from your phone. Not just the app. You have to delete it under accounts in settings. Now reinstall it. When you reinstall it, do not sync photos. Then go into gallery and set it not sync photos there. Same goes with Picasso or any other online photo gallery if it is connected to your Gmail account. Your phone will continue to prompt you to sync unless you change the settings for online sites through gallery for picasso.
Good luck!!

Billy G1

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for posting this lol It had me a lil frustrated looking like I couldn't delete them synced FB pics....This worked perfectly! Thanks again!