Device administrators

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I notice com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver is listed as a device administrator on my phone.

Does anyone know what this is? Can/should it be removed?

Could it be related to Sprint Family Locator?

Thanks

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Do you have Microsoft Exchange email installed, with security enabled? I wonder if it's related to that, as the permissions (on mine, at least), all sound like the kinds of things Exchange security requires. On my device, btw, it doesn't say anything about controlling the microphone, as some of the people on your linked thread talk about.

My suspicion and that's all it is, is that it's loaded when another application needs services that need security controls.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Microsoft Exchange email installed, with security enabled? I wonder if it's related to that, as the permissions (on mine, at least), all sound like the kinds of things Exchange security requires. On my device, btw, it doesn't say anything about controlling the microphone, as some of the people on your linked thread talk about.

My suspicion and that's all it is, is that it's loaded when another application needs services that need security controls.

I don't have exchange installed. It was still there. I am not all that worried about it but was just trying to figure out if it was safe to kill. I killed it and have not had any issues since killing it. Since I don't use exchange, I don't know if killing it breaks exchanged our not. I would be interested to know if anyone who uses exchange could freeze it like I did, and see if it affects exchange services.

tyrntlzrdking

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not have Microsoft exchange.
Thread in other forum says the device administrator "com.sec.sprextension.phoneinfo.DeviceAdminPhoneInfoReceiver" is only on Sprint phones.
Froze mine.

Daniel Black1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the AT&T galaxy S3 and I have com.sec.sprexton.phoneinfo also. Im really at a loss as to what it does on my phone but I deleted it once and it caused calendar FC's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress