Random Camera Flash Going Off

vinny16

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I am browsing the internet, receiving a call, or just messing around on apps, my camera flash goes off. Happened twice today already. Its kind of creepy and me being paranoid, it is very agitating. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do to fix it? :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I am browsing the internet, receiving a call, or just messing around on apps, my camera flash goes off. Happened twice today already. Its kind of creepy and me being paranoid, it is very agitating. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can I do to fix it? :)

try this:

Settings > My Device > Accessibility

disable flash notification.

Peter Kelly3

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site

This happened to me in the middle of the night when I was trying to fall asleep. It was literally terrifying.

Jval013

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
This is really weird. It keeps happening to me too. Like, every day. I mostly notice it at night when I'm at home whether I'm using the phone or not. Never makes a sound nor do I ever find the images stored on my device (G-S7). :confused:

MaguMLMM

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

My note 4 has started doing this since the update to Marshmallow Android 6.0.1.
Wish I knew if more people have the problem. I do NOT have it set to go of in the accessibility settings. It's something else.

angeluski

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 10 tablet (no phone capabilities) for years. The past several months, the camera flash facing toward me goes off at random while I'm using Chrome to surf the web. Occasionally, it sounds as if the tablet mic is being activated. I have been keeping my screen camera covered with black electrical tape and I never use the mic for any apps. Am I being hacked and spied upon? Not paranoid by nature, but what's going on with this?

UKDemon

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Iv only had my S7 for 2 days and started to notice that the flash keeps going off randomly with no notifications

eddietaft

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Mine is doing this too. Did you find out why? Maybe there is somewhere a spy-app that has installed itself? Do you have a hint for me? I write from Hungary. Best regards. Eddie Taft

bryanne Ineson

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
This has been happening to me also and seems to be Messenger+ (which is already a nightmare having gone rogue) related. This s8+ has got to be the worse device SAMSUNG has ever put BBC on the planet.

bryanne Ineson

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
This has been happening to me also and seems to be Messenger+ (which is already a nightmare having gone rogue) related. This s8+ has got to be the worse device SAMSUNG has ever put BBC on the planet.
Just tried the stuff under settings etc and my flash went off again on s8+. If I do the route of taking out battery etc will that mean it resets like a factory reset?

ReignInSeattle

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem. I went into accessibility, hearing, turn off flash notification. I never turned it on so I'm not sure how it happened, but changing it to no fixed my problem.