Galaxy S3 keep restarting

IPxKiller

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I was surfing the web today off Google Chrome on my S3 then the phone froze and restarted itself. Now its stuck in a loop restarting. I would get to the 1st Samsung logo then sometime it will go blank from there or move onto the Samsung Galaxy S3 logo and go blank after that. I tried pulling out the battery and SD card, nothing works. If I plug in the charger it will go to the battery charging screen but it won't charge, it will show the loading logo on the battery then turn itself off. If I don't have the charger plug in, it will keep restarting through the logo. My S3 is running the 4.3 from Sprint OTA and I never rooted my phone, but I did have some issues with the 4.3 update like battery drain,application loading slow, contact not loading, etc. I don't think its the power button issue that I saw most people were having with their phone restarting because my phone wont turn itself on/off automatically. The phone only turn on if I press on the power button.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

IPxKiller

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried to boot it into recovery but after seeing the blue font on the top left corner, the screen goes blank. So i basically can't get it to boot into recovery also.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried to boot it into recovery but after seeing the blue font on the top left corner, the screen goes blank. So i basically can't get it to boot into recovery also.

You are releasing the buttons when you see that blue font, right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

IPxKiller

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes I am. It just load the blue font then shut itself back off. I think its the power button issues that everyone else is having cause when I put my finger over the switch and without putting pressure on the button, the phone will restart itself now. If I just lay the phone down by itself, it would stop the looping but when I barely put my finger on the power button it will respond.

Sidios

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
This issue has just started for me. Phone just started rebooting, but when screen timeout activates, it reboots again.
I did all the usual - Removed battery, sim card, SD Card and no joy.

I switched off the wifi (because data was exchanging as soon as turned on and that has stopped the rebooting, but when I switch it back on the same happened.

Did you get your problem sorted?

Sidios

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Update
Tried recovery mode and cleared cache. Then restarted and switched back on wifi.
Found phone is trying to download a software update (4.3?). Phone has stopped rebooting now. Still downloading the update.

GOKU643

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I think I just started having the same problem. My phone's on/off button just became hypersensitive in the last hour. Is there a fix for this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699