Play Store App Missing

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to your settings -> application manager. Up at the top where you see Downloaded, SD card, Running, etc., scroll to the right until you see Turned off. Look for Play store in the list, click on it then click the Turn on button & you should be good to go.

Thanks. Just the solution for my Note 2!

707_username-Aze

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
You probably could factory reset and see if it works, or download the playstore .APK file and load it on a SD card and try to install off of the card. or internal storage.
My play store went missing and I don't even know how and now, none of the Google family are responding. Will factory reset work? I'd really appreciate your help.
My phone is Samsung galaxy S2

Dawn Hnatishion

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem with my play store and I have yet to find out how to reinstall it back in my phone. When I search Google for it they bring up the Google playstore app. But without the factory one, you can't install anything. It's bull s--it because they supposedly updated their security it wiped out everyone's playstore that was Samsung S4 and lower

gpascha

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
Jodi S.

I just want to say a big THANK YOU! I have been looking for my play store for OVER a month and thanks to your directions I was able to find that it was "turned off" and by turning it on... it reinstalled on my window and now I can install apps again. :)

Daren Lott

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. THIS METHOD WORKED.
SETTINGS
APPLICATIONS
APPLICATIONS MANAGER
Then scroll down and activate the play store app
Thanks

Kristeyn

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I tried to fix those problems with all the suggestion/method in comment box but it really doesn't working. Why this stupid problem can't fix? 😭

darshit shah2

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
For last several days I was trying very hard to find the solution how to reinstall Google play store icon. I read & tried everything what was suggested here & still didn't find icon back. I didn't know when it was lost. I thought of factory reset too.

Before factory reset I reinstalled app many times. Still problem was as it is.

Finally, I asked my wife: "Do you have shareit or xender?" She said she had xender in her mobile. I transferred Google play store app from her mobile & using xender I got it reinstalled. I got icon as well.

There is a proverb: There is a hand of any woman behind the success of yours. This is very much true in my case also. :)

Ok, if you don't want to read the above paragraphs & still want to have solution:
USE XENDER & TRANSFER GOOGLE PLAY STORE APP FROM ANY OTHER MOBILE & REINSTALL.

Janice Faux

Feb 15, 2018
Visit site
I have loss my google play store app completely from my phone, i have tried everything i know how to get it back n no success! PLEASE HELP!! Thank you.

rb56

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.

Hi to settings\apps, select the 3 does in upper right corner, select show system apps scroll down to find Google play. Prolly shows disabled, tick enable done.

MissQ478

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
I have tried all of the above and I still can not find the app. It seems to really have disappeared. I can't even figure out how to reinstall/download it again. None of the sites seem legit or work. Will see if I can get it from my husband's phone as suggested, but nothing else has worked. Anyone else? It is not disabled. It is gone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have tried all of the above and I still can not find the app. It seems to really have disappeared. I can't even figure out how to reinstall/download it again. None of the sites seem legit or work. Will see if I can get it from my husband's phone as suggested, but nothing else has worked. Anyone else? It is not disabled. It is gone.

See response in your other thread: https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/951065-how-can-i-reinstall-google-play-store.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19