HTC One Phone Book Favorites One Touch Calling

lthrwing

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know why this isn't working for me? Moved from HTC EVO (loved it!) to HTC One. EVO had phone favorites desktop widget that would dial the favorite contact with one touch. HTC One has a phone favorites and also has option named DEFAULT ACTION=Call yet the thing won't one touch direct call the favorite contact. When the favorite contact is pressed it opens the contact info page. I know I can create a desktop shortcut to the particular contact and achieve the one touch direct call but I want to be able to perform the one touch calling from the favorite contact listed in the phonebook favorites window. any help or info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem but couldn't find anything and after rooting I flashed cm nightly and now I have vanilla android and other goodies

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mordac

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've made a folder with direct-dial shortcuts for this. You can make them by 'pinching' on the screen to get to the area where you'd add a widget or app. There will also be an option for "shortcuts". Inside of there is an option for Direct Dial.

Btw, the 'default action' setting only seems to apply to the "people widget" rather than from in the phone interface, so putting the widget on one of your home screens might do what you want, too.

-M

lthrwing

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks mordoc, that is true and does work. adding the icon of the favorite contact to the desktop and selecting the direct call option does put that one single favorite contact on the desktop and when selected does call but what I'm hoping to find is a way to get all the favorite contacts in one widget that allows each contact to do a direct call. and the people widget does do what im looking for but its only offered in a 4X4 size widget which takes one whole window of the desktop. the EVO had a single rowed, favorites direct call widget that scrolled up and down. very small foot print and very useful. Is there a solution that puts a people widget that allows you to select direct call and is a smaller foot print on the desktop?

lthrwing

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
M - you are right... I did find your suggested app and others like it but again not the preferred direction. I did find that pinching the empty area of the desktop then selecting the people widget then selecting favorites then going to the widget on the desktop and pressing and holding as if to move or delete the widget then let go of the widget puts a blue square around the widget which can then be resized but only resized from top to bottom not also side to side. This is much better and almost exactly what I was looking to do. It would be nice if the favorites that are accessed through the phone app worked like the people widget does and also would be nice if the people widget would resize from side to side. Great job M! Thanks for sticking with me on this one!

Last edited:

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
you can make direct dial shortcuts for you home screen and put them all in a folder. Then it only takes 1x1 square, but will expand and hold up to 16 contacts. can do the same for direct sms if you like as well.

lthrwing

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks aquatichedgehog - that is true and does work but I did find that pinching the empty area of the desktop then selecting the people widget then selecting favorites then going to the widget on the desktop and pressing and holding as if to move or delete the widget then let go of the widget puts a blue square around the widget which can then be resized but only resized from top to bottom not also side to side. it is resized to about one and a half rows. allows scrolling up or down. displays the picture of the contact and allows one touch dialing. this is as close as I've been able to come to the favorites direct dial one touch widget that is on the HTC EVO. I have been using the widget on the HTC ONE for several weeks now and it works out great. Still HTC has not addressed the Default Action on the individual contact when trying to set it to direct dial. Hope this helps someone.