Alcatel One Touch Reboot Loop Optimizing App 1 of .... Can't do anything. Please help.

seasidegal

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello,
I have an Alcatel One Touch Fierce XL phone. It started moving like molasses about a week ago. I just figured its just getting old and can't handle my usage. Other than that I haven't had any trouble. That is until yesterday. I opened Chrome and it just rebooting out of the blue. I was like okay...and it was back to normal again. Then I open Poshmark and it rebooted. Then it was okay again. Same with Depop, Mercari, eBay, etc. Once it rebooted the app was fine.

However, today is a different story. It rebooted while I was attempting to look at my photos. Finally, after about 3-4 reboots it stopped on the home screen but as soon as I logged it it froze. Thus, I had to force a reboot. It came back to the home screen again after another 3-4 reboots and I was able to enter safe mode. I made it all the way to the apps button under settings and bam it rebooted. It began doing this sequence... Android is starting Optimizing 1 of 67 apps, then it would reboot after about 15-20 minutes, repeat Android is starting Optimizing 1 of 4 apps, repeat again with different numbers of apps about a dozen or so times.
Now, it is simply booting to Android is starting Optimizing 1 of 62 apps when it completes it reboots and repeats. It never goes to the home screen. So I cannot do anything.

I do know that as of March 24, 2020. I had Android Version 5.1.1. It was set to auto update. I had to contact another app support and they needed that info. That is how I knew it. But I have no way to see what I have now.

What can I do to fix this? I have some important photos on the phone that I do not want to lose.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say if there's anything else you can do to save the data that's currently on the phone. I'd guess that either the firmware has become corrupt, or something on the motherboard is failing. Are you certain the photos aren't saved to an SD card instead of Internal Storage? (If you do have an SD card inserted, try removing it and rebooting, since a bad card can sometimes do this.)

seasidegal

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Nope, not using an sd card. Which is something I am going to start doing. I guess there really isn't a way to fix this without deleting everything.
The photos are on the internal storage, unfortunately.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nope, not using an sd card. Which is something I am going to start doing. I guess there really isn't a way to fix this without deleting everything.
The photos are on the internal storage, unfortunately.
Yeah do a factory reset, but its running very old andriod version so expect apps to act up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes. I have already experienced that with Mercari. They want me to update but my version isn't supported. Is it even possible to update to 6.0 or do I need a new phone?
My honest opinion , get a newer phone for long run you'll be happier. Can be a year old not new .

seasidegal

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
My honest opinion , get a newer phone for long run you'll be happier. Can be a year old not new .

Thank you. I agree. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me. I just did a factory reset and now setting the basics back up. But now, I am in the market for a new phone.

Thank you again. Stay safe. :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I agree. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given me. I just did a factory reset and now setting the basics back up. But now, I am in the market for a new phone.

Thank you again. Stay safe. :)
Your welcome! You stay safe also . Good luck on your hunt , don't hesitate if you have more questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali