Sprint HTC One - Any Way To Disable System Update in Notification Bar?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got my HTC One a few days ago. I have it set up and running perfectly. However for a few days now I have the update for the new Android version in the notifications bar. I have read about all the problems with the new update including wifi connections as well as poor battery life. I do not want to upgrade until a fix has been issued for those problems. Is there any way to hide the update nag in the notifications bar? Thanks.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

All you can do is keep denying or postponing the update. You need root access to disable it.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I know. I rooted my old phone. It was an HTC Hero. That thing needed to be rooted. I've only had my HTC One for a week. I honestly don't feel the need to root this one. It runs great for me. I just don't want the new update or the notification for such due to all the issues I have read about it. I'm going to wait for bug fixes or the next upgrade. But thanks for the suggestion.

osusoy

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I started the download and then cancelled it.
No more notification.

signed up just to say thanks! so thanks, that works perfectly! in my case, i use the phone as a mobile app test device and i already have another device with 4.4 installed, upgrading from 4.3 would have been a major problem for me and that notification was very annoying! pretty lame of HTC not to include a "don't ask again" option :/

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have done that the past few times the update notification comes up. But it notifies me again about 2 days later. Guess I'll just have to keep starting the update and then cancelling it. Really annoying.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Update notification popped up again today. I started the download and then refused the install. Is there any way to stop the update notification? I hate having to do this every 2 days.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Well to answer my own question I found Updater in the settings-apps-all. I disabled updater and cleared the data for it. Been two days now and I do not have the annoying update for 4.4 popping up. Hope this might help someone else out there. This is the only way I have found to stop the update nag.

are21

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Well to answer my own question I found Updater in the settings-apps-all. I disabled updater and cleared the data for it. Been two days now and I do not have the annoying update for 4.4 popping up. Hope this might help someone else out there. This is the only way I have found to stop the update nag.

Worked perfectly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo