My POS HTC One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Alright first thing is this, I have bought and loved HTC phones for a long time now. I started with the Diamond which I didn't like (windows phone) then I had the Hero, Og Evo, Evo lte and now my One. While they've had some minor issues they've been relatively minor. Now my One...

I bought my One in June and liked it right away. The wonderful display, the camera and camera functions, the premium build materials. The One just has a lot to offer.

Now the bad. So far my speaker has blown, my headphone jack only works sometimes, my app store randomly stops working. New and old chargers alike, it's hard to find one the will charge my phone. Error message with 8 out of 10 Then the data connection stops for several hrs at a time and I have to use my Evo LTE (which works fine sitting side by side). So tonight I will be doing yet another reset and again hoping for the best.

Sorry for the negativity I'm just at wits end right now.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Totally. I really like the One too but this particular One has just been bad. Just reset and the play store is again working but it looks like an insurance claim is in order

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Damn. Have you called HTC to see if they'll replace it? Not your fault the speakers blew out and I'm pretty sure that should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I did. They will replace the speaker... Not sure if I'd get a new phone or not. With all the issues I'm having Sprint told me today they may do it for free. I have to go back when the manager is in sigh

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's cool, insurance should only be for when it's YOUR fault the phone has issues. Here's to hoping they do it :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Funny how a phone can have me so stressed lol. I'll be hoping over here as well

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Funny how a phone can have me so stressed lol. I'll be hoping over here as well

I would be too, if I'm getting a phone that costs me $600 it better work well! :p

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely :). Just left Sprint. Free phone will be here in 7 to 10 days

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I am so sorry to hear about all of the troubles you are having with your HTC One. I have had my HTC One since the Launch Day, and I have not had any problems.

My suggestion is to let HTC know about your problems. They most likely will replace it for you.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow! I am so sorry to hear about all of the troubles you are having with your HTC One. I have had my HTC One since the Launch Day, and I have not had any problems.

My suggestion is to let HTC know about your problems. They most likely will replace it for you.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

He just said he was getting a free replacement :D

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay one question. I did a factory reset and my photos and music were still on the phone. What is the best way to totally wipe your phone? Last thing I need is someone getting there hands on some of my pic's

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Okay one question. I did a factory reset and my photos and music were still on the phone. What is the best way to totally wipe your phone? Last thing I need is someone getting there hands on some of my pic's

Flashing a stock ROM would do it.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you just got a lemon. I've had zero probs so far. I've also been with HTC for awhile. Started with the HTC diamond, og evo, ltevo and now the ONE. The diamond was a windows phone which I didn't particularly care for but I have enjoyed all the others.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you just got a lemon. I've had zero probs so far. I've also been with HTC for awhile. Started with the HTC diamond, og evo, ltevo and now the ONE. The diamond was a windows phone which I didn't particularly care for but I have enjoyed all the others.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

I've had all the same phones and the hero lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez