Anyone choosing the G2 over the Note 3?

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 2, I love it. The Note 3 came out and does not have tri-band, or even dual band LTE. Why? I do not know.

The lack of that feature has led me heavily towards the G2, but I've read some pretty upsetting reviews about the software and screen accuracy of the G2.

What are your opinions?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 2, I love it. The Note 3 came out and does not have tri-band, or even dual band LTE. Why? I do not know.

The lack of that feature has led me heavily towards the G2, but I've read some pretty upsetting reviews about the software and screen accuracy of the G2.

What are your opinions?
Size: Note 3 (Same as Note 2)
Battery: G2 by a bit
Software: Note 3
Screen: Note 3
Camera: Note 3
Build quality: G2
Button placement: Note 3
Signal/Reception: G2
I'd get the Note 3 since you're more accustomed to TouchWiz and the size but you can't go wrong with either...my $0.02

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
TriBand is huge and the beauty of android is customizability. Even without rooting and rom-ing you should be able to alter the G2 software to your specifications. If you're comfortable with rooting and flashing ROMs the G2 already has Official CyanogenMod ROMS for VZ & International versions. I plan on giving LG's software a chance and if its not up to par going to CM.

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
My choices were all centered on staying with Sprint, and tri-band LTE was a major consideration for me. If the Note 3 had this, it would likely have been my choice. I evaluated the HTC One Max, the Nexus 5 rumors, The LG G2 and the FCC approval of an upcoming triband Samsung GS4. Doing some "hands on" with a non-sprint version, I realize that all of these phones involve one trade-off or another.

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
My choices were all centered on staying with Sprint, and tri-band LTE was a major consideration for me. If the Note 3 had this, it would likely have been my choice. I evaluated the HTC One Max, the Nexus 5 rumors, The LG G2 and the FCC approval of an upcoming triband Samsung GS4. Doing some "hands on" with a non-sprint version, I realize that all of these phones involve one trade-off or another.

Almost exactly my thoughts. The buttons on the back, tri-band/spark and battery are what's pushing the G2 over the hump for me.

Two G2 downsides are permanent menu button and no data over voice calls, which I can live with.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Almost exactly my thoughts. The buttons on the back, tri-band/spark and battery are what's pushing the G2 over the hump for me.

Two G2 downsides are permanent menu button and no data over voice calls, which I can live with.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I don't have either phone but from what I've seen the Note 3 has battery almost as good as the G2 so I wouldn't say the G2's battery is so much better that it would make you choose it over the N3.
Only real advantage I see it the Tri-Band. I need data over voice because I occasionally need to look something up during a phone call and I don't like the buttons on the back. To each their own :)

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if the N5 will have data over voice? It will be tri band, so that's also a big contender IMO.

G2 GPE would be incredible, albeit very unlikely for Sprint :(

soulgrnd

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 is way more expensive and to me the g2 is somewhat of a better phone. Tri-band Lte is a big thing and at best by its 100$ for a pre-order and you get a 50$ gift card although the Nexus 5 if it really does come will probably be my choice

Posted via Android Central App

SCD23x

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I had a bunch of ideas in my head about all sorts of different phones, then the N5 came out and I bought it 20 minutes afterward.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I had a bunch of ideas in my head about all sorts of different phones, then the N5 came out and I bought it 20 minutes afterward.
Haha, congrats :) Wish I didn't already have a good phone otherwise I'd pick up a 32GB White one, it looks awesome