A few questions about the Sprint LG G2, and general rooting questions...

jboy11

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The following questions will be a bit noob-like, since I havent rooted my phone in about 2 years. So please be easy on me.

I'm looking to upgrade to the Sprint LG G2 (for the Sprint $50 black friday sale), and I was wondering if there are any working roms out yet that are stable? Also, are there any that have a working "hacked" hotspot?

Also, since I said I haven't rooted in a long time, and really don't remember how... (and I don't want to brick my phone). Is there a simple step by step process that someone can dumb down for me, so I don't screw it up?

Also... I can't seem to find where the roms are available on this website... if they are even available?

Thanks to all who answer!

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint variant hasn't been out very long, so ROMs are definitely going to be behind the other carriers. Check xda for ROMs though, that is your basic root central haha.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's version came out a month after the other carriers.
Something to do with the Tri-Band hullabaloo.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
November 8th is the launch date for the Sprint variant. Just keep a watch on xda. The devs haven't had as much time with the LS980. Just keep some patience for the time being.

jboy11

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
November 8th is the launch date for the Sprint variant. Just keep a watch on xda. The devs haven't had as much time with the LS980. Just keep some patience for the time being.

True, I just don't think the LG G2 will be $50 (online at Sprint.com) for a while after the black friday sale is over. So I feel like I should jump on it now, and maybe activate it in 2-4 weeks, once a rom with a hotspot comes out.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The deal ends on Monday, so you need to jump on it. Besides lol. You get that thing in your hands it'll be torture not activating it.

Wish my G2 would arrive already. The wait is torture for me :-(

jboy11

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
The deal ends on Monday, so you need to jump on it. Besides lol. You get that thing in your hands it'll be torture not activating it.

Wish my G2 would arrive already. The wait is torture for me :-(

Not sure if I am seeing things, but I could have sworn I just saw a sprint commercial for the LG G2 for FREE on Monday only... Did anybody else see this commercial?

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
the S4 Mini, is free through Monday?

They're both free tomorrow and the Moto X is $50

yq4u.jpg

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ugh.... Something told me to wait for Monday.

Edit: The G2 was supposed to be $50 through Monday. Now it is free Monday. That's false advertising. I wouldn't blame anyone that tried to get a refund. I may be one of them because of false advertising.

Last edited:

jboy11

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
They're both free tomorrow and the Moto X is $50

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/7498/yq4u.jpg

Here's the thing, is the G2 FREE for new customers only, or are upgrades included?

I went ahead today and bought one at $50 online, but then told the rep to put in the notes that if the deal for the free G2 includes upgrades, that I would be able to get it for free.

Do you know if this deal is for existing customers?

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Ugh.... Something told me to wait for Monday.

Edit: The G2 was supposed to be $50 through Monday. Now it is free Monday. That's false advertising. I wouldn't blame anyone that tried to get a refund. I may be one of them because of false advertising.

I'm now thinking they might bring back the $100 off "bring your number thing" tomorrow, but it might only be $50 off this time. If you look closely at the ad I posted, you'll see it's for new lines/activations. Furthermore, the Moto X is currently $99.99 and will be $49.99, so this would all make sense. I guess we'll find out in 3-4 hours.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was upgrading with a 2yr agreement. Both deals would have fit into my spectrum. That's why I'm a little hit miffed, but we'll see how they try and avoid refunding me tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89