Updating older LG Marquee LS855 w/o service.

Fred Dains

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
We used to have Sprint service on a couple of LG Marquee cell phones, but now my wife uses hers much more as a tablet, as there is no active service on it. Things were fine for a while, but now.....it's slow, it crashes constantly, and even though it's 4 inches away from an Asus AC1750 Gigabit WiFi router, it says it's out of range. Any way I can maybe root this thing, and get it running a better version of Android or just make the damn thing a bit more stable for her? I really don't feel like buying her a new tablet, and she's very adverse to "new tech". Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

BTW, I'm very good with tech, but I have almost no interest in smart phones, or tablets. I have several Samsung Tablets that all work just fine as is. You want to build a ridiculous gaming rig, or some PhotoShop Super Machine? I'm your man, and I even have my own version of Windows 7, so I'm not tech ignornat, I just know NOTHING about phones and such.

Fred Dains

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, so screwing about with the settings on my router seems to have got this silly thing recognizing the router, but it never gets past Authintacation.......please help.