[KERNEL][ICS] Matr1x Kernels

Brianbgrp

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm still playing around with Eugene's speedy 3 with aosp ram disk that also posted. But may try out matrix14 this weekend. What's the upsides of these new governors tho? Swear it seems there's a new governor to learn about every flash lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][ACS]*Matr1x* [ALL VERSIONS including ICS]

I'm still playing around with Eugene's speedy 3 with aosp ram disk that also posted. But may try out matrix14 this weekend. What's the upsides of these new governors tho? Swear it seems there's a new governor to learn about every flash lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
The new lulzactive governor in Matr1x is a mix of goods from the pre existing governors from some brief reading I've done on it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Running this now since v14 has released. I'm sold, this kernel at least on my device is the ONE.

Running oICS v43

I've tested deep idle enabled, no problems there but I don't really use screen off activity on my device so its not too much of a benefit to me. But no lockups or anything from it.

Currently testing live OC.

Ran 105% Live OC at 105/840- On Demand with stock volts. No problems.
Currently testing Live OC at 110% 110/880 Mhz-On Demand with stock volts and so far so good a hour or two into it.

Benchmarks I'm not concerned with so I won't be bothering discussing those, real world is what matters to me.

Great job MK!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the BFS or the CFS kernel?

Ran BFS with 105/1050 with fine results.

Didn't really have a need for deep idle so I have it off as well.

Changed my I/o scheduler to noop and seem to be running well too.

Running this now since v14 has released. I'm sold, this kernel at least on my device is the ONE.

Running oICS v43

I've tested deep idle enabled, no problems there but I don't really use screen off activity on my device so its not too much of a benefit to me. But no lockups or anything from it.

Currently testing live OC.

Ran 105% Live OC at 105/840- On Demand with stock volts. No problems.
Currently testing Live OC at 110% 110/880 Mhz-On Demand with stock volts and so far so good a hour or two into it.

Benchmarks I'm not concerned with so I won't be bothering discussing those, real world is what matters to me.

Great job MK!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
CFS. I never mess with BFS because my phone is already fussy to begin with let alone use BFS versions.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

It's funny. I thought BFS would be a bad choice as well, so I have avoided it in the past. This is the first time I've flashed a BFS kernel. And damned if it isn't fast as hell. I haven't had ANY hangups, SODs, or random reboots.

I was thinking I might try the CFS version, but I have no real good reason to do so right now since BFS is running so well.

I've had Live OC set to 110% and have been running 110/880 for the past 12 hours or so without any problems either. Battery's been great, although I have been in an area with very strong wifi....

EDIT: Ooops...just got a reboot with the 110/880. Back to the drawing board....

Last edited:

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

Matrix 14.5 is up and running. Go over to xda to download .

Also curious on your cfs/bfs comments. I too have always run cfs, supposedly better for overall use and normal usage, so have things changed since I researched and made a decision sometime ago?

I'm running speedy and love it, thinking about trying matrix again (used forever but had issues on ics kernels). Phone is running so smooth, I almost hate to make changes and try something else. It's been a pleasure tobe on asop v43 with speedy and not be testing, read fixing and band aiding things!!

But will probably out this off, new asus transformer should be here today and once I get ics on it, should be interesting how it hooks up with my phone, vs my ipadnwith iTunes that hates me, and it's mutual!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

So I will have to take the plunge and flash v14.5. I'm actually afraid to do so because things have been so stable since going to v14.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Matrix 14.5 is up and running. Go over to xda to download .

Also curious on your cfs/bfs comments. I too have always run cfs, supposedly better for overall use and normal usage, so have things changed since I researched and made a decision sometime ago?

I'm running speedy and love it, thinking about trying matrix again (used forever but had issues on ics kernels). Phone is running so smooth, I almost hate to make changes and try something else. It's been a pleasure tobe on asop v43 with speedy and not be testing, read fixing and band aiding things!!

But will probably out this off, new asus transformer should be here today and once I get ics on it, should be interesting how it hooks up with my phone, vs my ipadnwith iTunes that hates me, and it's mutual!!!

I have been running the matr1x bfs four 2 days. Much faster and had no issues at all. Even my battery likes it better.;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

Are you guys running cfs or bfs? And which kernels? I have always used his lazy, and haven't read up on the new ones.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I always run CFS.... My device is picky enough without running BFS which is a little more unstable but benefits those who game or do heavy multitasking and have tolerant devices.

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Well I just flashed 14.5 (still been on 13 which my phone hated but I was too lazy to change). Only been a few min, but so far its looking better. No more green flash thankfully, because my Voodoo setting would never stick so I gave up adjusting the gamma every time I turned on the phone. Deep Idle actually works now (did nothing before) which I'm hoping helps the battery. Now the question will be if it's stable now and allows me to overclock at all. It feels a bit snappier already.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I am running dooderbutt v5. I just installed 14.5 BFS, sio, lulzactive, 100/1000 and this thing is equally as fast as any GB ROM I was running. Very smooth. No reboots with v14.0 (and so far with 14.5). No lock-ups. No nuthin but speed.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

So I will have to take the plunge and flash v14.5. I'm actually afraid to do so because things have been so stable since going to v14.

Come on, Paul. Everyone's doing it. <insert themed 80s After School Special Music Now>

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Alright I did it... Running v14.5 now for a few hours.. Its all good.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Updated the OP...

v14.5 has two additional download links "colors zip" fix due to users complaining about the color changes MK did in the original v14.5.

thebullfrog

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

After a few hours at work running at 1.3ghz all is well. And holy battery life Batman. Still over 70% after over 7 hours. Thats close to double what I normally get. Deep Idle FTW.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

After a few hours at work running at 1.3ghz all is well. And holy battery life Batman. Still over 70% after over 7 hours. Thats close to double what I normally get. Deep Idle FTW.

Interesting. 1300 and deep idle? Maybe it's time to try deep idle again.