[KERNEL][ICS] Matr1x Kernels

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL][ACS]*Matr1x* [ALL VERSIONS including ICS]

What govener setting you guys recommend, I've just left it at default for now. Or point me to a description of them.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

This kernel seem to just do fine no matter what setting you run... MK has gotten thing this down to a science...

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

What govener setting you guys recommend, I've just left it at default for now. Or point me to a description of them.

This is the most complete description I have found.

As for myself, I have really loved Matr1x 14.5 CFS and BFS. I am trying 16.0 now.

I use noop, lulzactive, 100/1000, 90%/up 1/down 1/screen off 6/50000/40000. Slightly on the sluggish side, but I get amazing battery life. You can use the default lulzactive settings for faster performance and still good battery life.

I might try the intellidemand governor today.

allendj81

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site

are any of you guys using setcpu? I read this whole thread and no one is using it, any reason why? and if using setcpu, what settings do you recommend for better battery life without compromising performance

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
are any of you guys using setcpu? I read this whole thread and no one is using it, any reason why? and if using setcpu, what settings do you recommend for better battery life without compromising performance

I just prefer nstools. I've used both and both seem to work well. Just my preference...

Just flash it !!!

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

You can use SetCPU. You can also use Voltage Control. As Skunkape said, I think most people with Nexus S phones use NS Tools, which does all the stuff that SetCPU and VC do and in addition can manipulate Ezekeel's mods like BLN, BLD, etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Can I leave my Max at 1200 and not melt down my nexus?
Sure can... Some users leave it maxed out, although that is not recommended. You would be safe leaving it at 1200, thats only pushing the CPU 200 mhz past its normal which isn't very much considering its not going to "sit" on 1200 constantly.

Besides your device will talk to you, if its not working well with your settings it will freeze or start doing boot loops indicating something you did isn't making your device happy ;)

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site

Thanks, couldn't have done it without your kernel.

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I would say that is acceptable Kevin. I haven't watched really any movies on my NS4G but I remember doing so with my Epic a few times... 3 movies, wifi.... 5 hrs... Seems in the neighborhood.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I would say that is acceptable Kevin. I haven't watched really any movies on my NS4G but I remember doing so with my Epic a few times... 3 movies, wifi.... 5 hrs... Seems in the neighborhood.

Oh, of course.

I was implying that 5 hours of straight movie watching was pretty good! And I still had 15% left.

It's just a commentary about how people gripe about the battery life for the Nexus S 4G when they are using their phone at its maximum capacity. My retort is that 5 hours is pretty damn good.

Under normal usage, I go about 9-10 hours before I recharge, and I typically have >50% of my battery left. I have no complaints, and I think Matr1x has extended that life considerably over the stock kernel.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I agree... Completely...

Tell you the truth I haven't flashed any other kernels for a while now, not even to test out ... I just stick with Matr1x.

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I agree... Completely...

Tell you the truth I haven't flashed any other kernels for a while now, not even to test out ... I just stick with Matr1x.

I think people will keep what works for them.

I personally felt that franco's kernel worked better for me than any other kernel out there when I was running the GB ROMs. (I wish he'd show us an offering.) Even though Eugene's kernel is pretty good, GLaDOS is good, and Steve's kernel is solid, I don't think any of them have been as rock solid as Matr1x has been.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Sorry for the noob question- but in the original post- CFS vs. BFS versions to download... what's the difference?
Planning to try this with Codename Android.

Thanks in advance.