[ROM][MIUI 4.0][02 JAN][ICS 4.0.3] MIUI SwAT 1.12.23 RC2_NS4G

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][MIUI 4.0][25 DEC][ICS 4.0.3] MIUI SwAT 1.12.23 RC2_NS4G

Very cool to see this! I was always curious about miui- so much so that I hope their phones are for sale one day stateside- as I could see a lot of fruit fans leaving for it. I'm very curious about how they approach their sensibilities with ICS...

Must fight urge to flash twice in a single day...

fergie716

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to say thank you to Paul and Jerry Hildenbrand for the article that was posted!

Second, I've spent the last several hours trying to
#1- Port latest MIUI (12-30) to the NS4G
#2- Fix download issue for current version

In regards to #1, I actually got somewhere. Latest update will boot but no signal/3G and a bunch of FC's. Why? MIUI has updated major components of the ROM with ICS, including MIUI's own framework (framework-miui-res.apk) as well as many other components. So anyway in regards to the latest update, framework.jar has been modified significantly, most importantly the needed files for CDMA devices to work properly. So after hours of testing and debugging I narrowed it down and am currently working on a fix, albeit temporary, to get that version up and running..But in the meantime..

#2- The download issue is caused by, once again, components of MIUI's updated framework. Once again I tested and found the problem. I suspect I could get this taken care of after the New Year so I can figure out how to solve it. Well, not "I". I'm fortunate to know a lot of people more smarter than me when it comes to Android. Brainmaster, ryanlasalle, stiffspliff, and a lot more have been helping me along the way

So for now, enjoy this build. I updated post #2 with some fixes, extra ICS apps and a mod
-GPS fixed
-ICS Youtube, Google Search, GenieWidget
-Calendar Sync should be fixed
-0-100% battery mod

Enjoy guys,have a good Holiday!

fergie716

May 15, 2011
Visit site

How did you translate it?

I cannot get apktool to work with any 4.0.3 kernels.

Hey I have a guide here in the third post on how to get apktool set up for ICS, if you still need help post it in that thread or shoot me a PM

suikodin

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Will flash as soon as theme manager is working! It looks extremely well and has pretty good feedback so far. Just can't take away from the theme manger, that's the reason why I started using MIUI,

fergie716

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for the mix up, I ended up building a new ROM with some fixes and some user apps to make it easier to restore apps

Check out OP for new D/L and changelog

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Alright. A new update... Like updates..

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the mix up, I ended up building a new ROM with some fixes and some user apps to make it easier to restore apps

Check out OP for new D/L and changelog

The first offering was pretty good, but this build is much smoother and battery friendly.

The only strange thing... I get an update error when booting. Normal?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

suikodin

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have found a few minor bugs and I also received an error while updating. First few minor bugs would be after installing an app it creates two icons. One you can just drag to trash and other is 'uninstall". And for the status bar, has two problems one being that while having mobile data on, the icon goes over my signal bars, and the second one is that after I pull down the status bar to the bottom, it stays and I can't drag it back up. I need to hit a key on my phone. Besides that It's pretty good. Super smooth.
Oh, and I'm big on the battery percentage being in the battery icon. I didn't see it was there but a long time ago I saw someone had posted a MIUI Control panel.apk and if you install it you can set the battery percentage. If anyone would like the apk just tell me.
Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The status bar issues your having could just be the result of porting MIUI over to ICS and getting the layouts to work..... I'm just taking a wild guess on this but I know talking with fergie he mentioned its been quite a challenge doing so, but I know he will eventually get the bugs worked out.

fergie716

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I added a 0-100% battery mod to the 3rd post along with an OnScreen Buttons Mod. Remember if you use the OnScreen Buttons Mod change your LCD Density to 216

suikodin

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, speaker phone does not work either. And neither does multimedia messages and copy and paste. Well, text selection. Long press and the chat box bugs out.

Last edited:

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Great Rom and it looks like there is a lot of potential, but there is still some things to fix. I kept on getting force closes every time I would try to dial a number. Really annoying. Not quite a daily driver yet.

messiah143

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Great ROM and has good potential, but th ere is still some things that need to be fix before it becomes a daily driver for me. For instance, everytime I would try to call somebody it constantly force close. But great looking ROM.

charn65

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any fc since I flashed Eugene kernel yesterday.

My battery stats for the first full day on the new kernel.

4 hours screen on time.

18d3bf93-2165-ecda.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez