[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyButt-v2.4 - JRO03L [8/25/12]

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] JellyBean-v2.0 - JRO03L [8/9/12]

Just wondering....if everything seems to work in this build, then why hasn't Sprint or Google officially pushed this out as an upgrade?

bfree380

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

Google doesn't push out anything, and I'm not sure that they do any compiling. They just do the work on it, then make it available to the different carriers. The carriers then take it, do their own "testing," and adding anything they want to it, THEN it gets pushed out to the phones that they want to have it. Sprint usually takes their time with it, unfortunately, so I wouldn't expect to see it pushed out as an OTA for another few months.

I could be wrong about that, and anyone correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

And I'm really loving this build with AirKernel.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Google doesn't push out anything, and I'm not sure that they do any compiling. They just do the work on it, then make it available to the different carriers. The carriers then take it, do their own "testing," and adding anything they want to it, THEN it gets pushed out to the phones that they want to have it. Sprint usually takes their time with it, unfortunately, so I wouldn't expect to see it pushed out as an OTA for another few months.

I could be wrong about that, and anyone correct me if any of the above is incorrect.

And I'm really loving this build with AirKernel.

Sounds about right

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Devs...

Have tried about six JB ROMS now, and this one performs the best in my opinion.

Running now with the AIR kernel, and performance is great.

(Screenshot and all! )

Reactions: jstntp

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
What's up Kevin . Over at the other site I'm known as zackandethan. I've been on this for a bit . Its sweet . Glad to see ya here Amigo .

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kevincwelch

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know this isn't strictly AOSP, but any plans to add pull down toggles?

I have given it a few attempts to add it into source using CM's source but haven't had s successful compile yet.

We would like to bring this option into the build, just have to see how things go in future attempts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: kevincwelch

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, how's everyone fairing with the battery life and performance from the stock kernel or air ? I'm going to give the Thalamus kernel a shot as well . Just curious .

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, how's everyone fairing with the battery life and performance from the stock kernel or air ? I'm going to give the Thalamus kernel a shot as well . Just curious .

I switched to the air kernel and it made a difference. Battery life isn't great but this is an old generation phone as far as I'm concerned. Battery life was never that great in my opinion. Yesterday, when I tried to access the settings, the phone kept rebooting. It did three times. I went into recovery and cleared the cache and hasn't happened since.

Last edited:

david Young

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've not had too awful battery life on stock . Similar with air . WiFi is a big help at home for me . Ill give Thalamus a try and report back . Thanks for the response .

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I would say battery life is on par with CM9 RC2....never got matrix to work with that setup, and Air kernel was a little worse than stock.

I think battery life has mostly to do with the fact that we are on the Sprint network as well as the fact that this is an older generation phone with older battery technology. Where I live my sprint signal is very poor and I rely mostly on Wi-Fi. Data speeds are horrible and suck the battery tremendously.

I am not so sure newer phones are necessarily better. My brother has a skyrocket on the AT&T network and he gets only about 12 to 14 hours of use every day. This is about what I get with my Nexus S 4G....

Reactions: david Young

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've not had too awful battery life on stock . Similar with air . WiFi is a big help at home for me . Ill give Thalamus a try and report back . Thanks for the response .

Just found out about Thalamus.

Will have to give it a whirl.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I have an Issue with the stock messaging app. When I for example, take a picture and then immediately go to share it with a contact, only part if the phone number shows up and it will not send it. If I manually type the number in its fine. It does this for anything I immediately try to share through text messaging. Any ideas?

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

So I've got some feedback about this rom. I've ran each iteration and here's what I found. Version 1.2 ran blazingly fast. Everything worked perfectly. I then installed 1.3 over 1.2 and had the lag issues people complained about. I started over from scratch and installed 2.0. Everything seemed to be working right but there wasn't the same amount of snappiness as in 1.2. I ran with it anyway. After a while things started working worse and worse until one day it wouldn't even boot anymore (first time that's happened with any rom I've run). I booted back into recovery and and reloaded 1.2 from scratch (never did make a nandroid backup of that install). Once again everything is blazingly fast and super snappy. One thing to note is that after each install I would always test performance before restoring any of my apps or settings. I would test performance by using the app launcher and app switcher. In 1.2 it was always instant. In 1.3 and 2.0 there was always a slight delay.

As a developer myself I just want to make clear that I'm not complaining and saying "fix these issues now!" more giving feedback my particular circumstances.

On a side note, what would you recommend on fixing the wifi tethering in 1.2 without installing 1.3 or 2.0?

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

So I've got some feedback about this rom. I've ran each iteration and here's what I found. Version 1.2 ran blazingly fast. Everything worked perfectly. I then installed 1.3 over 1.2 and had the lag issues people complained about. I started over from scratch and installed 2.0. Everything seemed to be working right but there wasn't the same amount of snappiness as in 1.2. I ran with it anyway. After a while things started working worse and worse until one day it wouldn't even boot anymore (first time that's happened with any rom I've run). I booted back into recovery and and reloaded 1.2 from scratch (never did make a nandroid backup of that install). Once again everything is blazingly fast and super snappy. One thing to note is that after each install I would always test performance before restoring any of my apps or settings. I would test performance by using the app launcher and app switcher. In 1.2 it was always instant. In 1.3 and 2.0 there was always a slight delay.

As a developer myself I just want to make clear that I'm not complaining and saying "fix these issues now!" more giving feedback my particular circumstances.

On a side note, what would you recommend on fixing the wifi tethering in 1.2 without installing 1.3 or 2.0?

Thank you for the feedback..... all feedback is taken with appreciation. I too have noticed some small issues with the two builds after v1.2. Although some users have experienced more severe problems than I have, I definitely see some things that need fixing. Having said that, I am currently testing a v2.1 that I personally am having GREAT success with. It does not include the extended power menu though, as I am working on getting that built into the source instead of adding it after the build is complete (which is how I have been doing it). This could be causing some of the problems we are seeing and that's why I want to get it into the source.

Would you all like to run this v2.1 that I currently have with the extended power menu removed? Just to see if things are better overall? It is a fresh source build as well synced from google sources a couple days ago.

philbw

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Would you all like to run this v2.1 that I currently have with the extended power menu removed? Just to see if things are better overall? It is a fresh source build as well synced from google sources a couple days ago.

Yeah that would be great. I'll take performance over added menus any day.