Android Keyboard

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up the Nexus S 4G today and the first thing i noticed ( that i didnt notice in the store) was the stock and only Android Keyboard doesnt have some specific symbol keys like underscore that i use for my password...also haptic feedback doesnt work even though it is checked in the settings.
Is there a custom Rom that i can load that changes the keyboard settings and would also make the keys just a little bit bigger too.
Thanks

karatechess

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Nexus S 4G today and the first thing i noticed ( that i didnt notice in the store) was the stock and only Android Keyboard doesnt have some specific symbol keys like underscore that i use for my password...also haptic feedback doesnt work even though it is checked in the settings.
Is there a custom Rom that i can load that changes the keyboard settings and would also make the keys just a little bit bigger too.
Thanks

If you hit ALT after you go into the symbol menu, you'll find a whole other set of symbols. Secondly, long press the microphone to the left of the space bar and slide over to settings. Then enable "Vibrate on keypress". Should solve both problems.

Reactions: briguyy

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried it today. Probably should have given it more time but I prefer swype

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
I never really thought I would get along with swype, but while trying the swift today i had to force myself to stop swyping.

Swift seems to work well, but i prefer the stock gingerbread one so far. i guess the integration with your email and texts etc would help with accuracy, but meh.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
The stock keyboard is too tiny for me. I use Better Keyboard, with the Gingerbread skin. Same look as stock except the keys are big enough for a human to hit! (plus it's tons more customizeable)