Market keeps defaulting to the wrong account

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Every time I open Market on my phone, it keeps opening up to the My Apps portion, but under the wrong Google account. I have three gmail addresses, but my Google Market account was set up for just one particular one. For some reason, I have to switch back to that account manually. I'd like Market to open to the Market home page by default...and the default Google Account for the My Apps page. How can I get this fixed?

Also, why are apps showing up under these other gmail accounts if the account I use to buy my apps is a different one?

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Randomly defaults to my work Google Apps account. Seems my work account only lists the stock Google apps (which by default checks "Allow auto updates" even if they are deselected under your primary account).

Slightly annoying. :confused:

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Randomly defaults to my work Google Apps account. Seems my work account only lists the stock Google apps (which by default checks "Allow auto updates" even if they are deselected under your primary account).

Slightly annoying. :confused:

have you guys tried clearing data under manage apps and reselecting your primary?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This seems to only happen to me after switching roms.

It will even open up updates for apps I just updated with the other account. Then, it shows some apps aren't installed that really are. Again, I thought it was switching roms and wiped and restored again. This seemed to fix the issue.

Then, I went onto my girlfriends phone to see if her Wallet update. That phone is completely stock. When I went into the market it said wallet and shopper weren't installed on her phone as well.

This new market is terrible.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It's so bad that the first thing I do when I open the market is check to make sure the proper account is selected.

hjstod

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
have you guys tried clearing data under manage apps and reselecting your primary?
not to sound like a noob, but where would you clear data and assign a primary gmail?

the account I initially set up is synced with contacts and all options in the accounts, and the secondary syncs only my gmail and calendar.

I usually only notice it when it tells me there is updates available, I click on the notifications and it shows the standard google apps, then I have to go back out and switch accounts and go into my original google account to update the apps. Its slightly frustrating at times lol.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
not to sound like a noob, but where would you clear data and assign a primary gmail?

the account I initially set up is synced with contacts and all options in the accounts, and the secondary syncs only my gmail and calendar.

I usually only notice it when it tells me there is updates available, I click on the notifications and it shows the standard google apps, then I have to go back out and switch accounts and go into my original google account to update the apps. Its slightly frustrating at times lol.

Settings
Applications
Manage applications
Go to the all tab
Find the market
Click clear data

Reactions: hjstod

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member