Fix cracked screen price

lordnkv

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I read your post about getting your nexus screen repaired on the cheap. Where was that done? My wife cracked her screen and I'm trying to find an affordable option to get it fixed. I'm here in Indy, too.

THANKS!

Set down before you read this.

I have a local Sprint Repair Center that actually fixes things like this for $35.00 with no insurance. This was mine after daughter dropped. Took them 15 minutes.

Yes, you read Sprint - actually an old Nextel store with a bunch of hackers that like challenges, I can take
anything in there, no questions asked, no warranties cancelled, and they even ask how I did some things.

So call around, I found this on the other side of town out of desperation on another phone and go there on
these types of issues.

Or if those are the dollars, I would buy someone's off Craigs List that want the Iphone!! put it on unsurance for a month to be sure they didn't screw it up, then drop. That was my Plan B for above if I they couldnt do it,

Good luck, don't kill her, its only a phone.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Samsung was quick and painless for the $150. It was worth it. Paid the 153. Sent me a shipping label. Through it in a box. Sent it out. Was right before xmas but got it that Thursday. Obviously they did a great job. I'm jealous too. So new a vivid. haha.

nmoreman

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
lordnkv in indy, sorry I didn't see your post - the old Grant Communications (nextel) store repair centers were doing this. But when my second one dropped and broke, they wouldn't touch it - got in trouble from Sprint and having to follow corporate direction, insurance replacement or find another one.

So I did - they did show me how to take apart and replace the entire screen. It was nerve wracking, but only a few small screws that an eyeglass repair case has, pry apart, unsnap some ribbons and reverse.

I bought one on Ebay for $44, looked up some videos (actually the Nexus but same principle) and did it myself.

Time and patience and watch the video a couple of times. Screws and ribbons slightly different but you will understand.

zipdrive73

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I did a Roger Clemens on my Nexus S 4G and the top part of the screen busted streaking about 15 cracks that run southeast going left to right with glass missing around the ear piece part however I have insurance. (CM9 has been pi$$ing me off a little with its sometimes Windows 95 with P2 performance, however I do believe this was not the OS's fault during this debacle as I believe a Titanium backup may have been running at the time :p .)

Like the original poster said, the phone itself is perfectly fine... i bought a rubber style case with a plastic huggie that fits over it (much cheaper than an Otterbox.. I think I gave 10 or 15 for it). $7 a month for coverage and paying the $100 if the phone is broke or stolen is worth it for me. My wife has broke 2 screens over the course of our mobile phone lives, this is my first (phone that is ;) ). Asurion is sending me another on Monday as I called them this morning after learning about the BS Sprint Inch Rule. Louisanna support rep I called around midnight did not mention this to me and had to find out from the Sprint Store that does repairs (told me I was crazy) and gave me Asurion's 800 number or put the claim in at phoneclaim.com. Free shipping to. The only draw back I'll have to spend the 15 minutes to root it again. Back to QBKing77's video I will be going but once I root, Clockwork Mod will take care of the rest :). This is wishful thinking but I'm hoping for better performance with the replacement and the one I had was defective to an extent.

This probably goes without saying but always do yourself a favor and data wipe before giving the phone back... I should have just told them it fell in a lake and I could have dealth with a much more drastic data wipe :). But the phone still works and I can't go a day without the damn thing. Sad ... yes.

Nuno Coelho

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
why don't you try to fix yourself... can be a cheaper option...

to buy the screen, you can try here...

- - - Updated - - -

why don't you try to fix yourself... can be a cheaper option...

to buy the screen, you can try here...

http://www.sparessamsung.com/lcd-display-samsung-galaxy-nexus-s-gh97-12010a.html

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Wrong forum, but eBay shows you can get the digitizer glass for about $15. Or you can get the Digitizer glass AND LCD display for about $30 if that's the route you want to take.

Hope this helps.

K28king1

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Well despite me paying for it my nexus is fine. :). And hopefully paying to fix it she'll learn not to do it again.
Sorry your girl is a meanie... Sometimes you just gotta withold the d and remind them why your doing it. They love it more than they will ever admit. They need it. So if she does it again, make her buy you a new phone and when she does give her the d and remind her of how good it is for her for her to be a good girlfriend. Accidents happen, but when it involves an expensive device being thrown on purpose thats just to hurt you. My girl destroyed two nexus 7's. She paid for the new one and she did not like paying almost 300 after tax, she even bought a protective case for it too. No more throwing devices in my house. Good luck, she sounds lovely.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

andrewsean7830

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
As is often the case when accidents strike, my better half was in a rush, carrying a small pile of books with her smartphone on top when she slipped and the phone went flying off onto the floor. Crrrack! I'd soon find out the small accident carries a sizable price...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo