ICS Bugs after your upgrade?

elvisem

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, of the people who are having problems with the brightness, who is using GO Switch widget? That might be my problem, stock Power Widget seems to work okay. Will keep testing.

zpithika

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Scrolling speed up and down are oddly slow sometimes. Annoying me

Tapatalked

Yea I've been switching between gingerbread and ICS for a few months. They changed the way scrolling behavior works. In gingerbread, it would just keep scrolling as if it was sliding on ice. In ICS, its more of a controlled scroll like on iOS. Believe me, at first its annoying but you get used to it. Haha.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Reactions: cabrone

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, of the people who are having problems with the brightness, who is using GO Switch widget? That might be my problem, stock Power Widget seems to work okay. Will keep testing.

The only GO product I use is GO SMS. I have Switchpro widget...though I'm not using that for brightness settings.
So is the auto-brightness thing a "bug" or just a setting revision in the software? Is it something we could somehow fix or would that involve rooting?

One other thing I don't like: no silencer on the lock screen like before. I'd rather have that than 'unlock to camera app'.

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I loaded the new update on both my kids phones last night. Afterwards I was a little upset and worried because the touch screen sensitivity was wonky for sure. Went to bed thinking I was going to have to spend tonight trying to fix them, but woke up this morning to two perfectly fine phones working very well. The transitions seem smooth and all the wonkiness from last night is GONE!

Both my kids feel like they kind of have a new phone. My son was a little disappointed that the face recognition was left off this version, but he got over it pretty fast after I showed him how cool Nova Launcher is on ICS. LOL Raising a Tech Geek like his father. SWEET!;)

Thanks to everyone on AC and the forums for all your help.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had random rebooting of their phones after the ICS update???? I have had about three since I updated yesterday....

Happened to me once right after I updated. I was going into the settings menu when it just blanked out and the boot animation started up (which is pretty cool, by the way...). Hasn't happened again, though. [knock on wood]

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is so much a bug, but i notice the auto brightness keeps my screen pretty dim...much more than gingerbread did. Maybe i liked it brighter than necessary, but i got used to it that way...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

I agree with you.. I had to make sure my screen was still set to Auto and not Off, because it was just that dim. I think it's just something I'll have to get used to, and probably one of Google's "secret" ways to boast better battery life.

eriaa01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping the new Camera app might fix the issue where any pics I take (portrait) and send via MMS are rotated sideways. Still does it... currently using Vignette for my camera app as a workaround. Does anyone know how to fix that issue? Been that way since I purchased the phone (same with my daughters Nexus S)...so obviously nothing introduced with the update. Just wondering if anyone has the same issue and was able to resolve it...thanks.

mclasser

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
An interesting thing I noticed is that it seems apps with ICS take up more cache space. I use 1 Tap Cleaner almost daily to quickly clean out the system and now I'm freeing up around 15-20 mb of cache. I used my phone the same amount with Gingerbread and I used to clear max like 5 mb. I haven't installed any new updates sincthe update either. Just an observation I've made.

Last edited:

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
only two things Ive noticed:

1) the auto dim issue, when it really dims now the screen even turns a yellow tint

2) they moved just tap and holding on the home screen to add widgets/links/shortcuts....now you have to do it through the home menu --> widgets tab which is a little annoying

other than that, in love!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I would give it a bit of time.. Maybe try a reboot or two to clear it out...

WIFI, I haven't heard any problems with even the leaks...

3g/4g from everyone's comments including my own with the leak and now official reception has seemed to improve but over all speed hasn't changed.

My signal and 4G is better now I'm now getting 10mb down and 2mb up

Just a place to hash out problems.

Mine: WiFi and 3G data is SLOW. Really really slow. Right now I'm guessing it may be the Play Books and Gallery sync going on right now. ICS seems to have to resync everything.

Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use 1 Tap Cleaner, the process would not complete. Downloaded another cleaner same thing. I have rebooted and removed my battery about 5 times to no avail. Don't know I'll keep trying.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you.. I had to make sure my screen was still set to Auto and not Off, because it was just that dim. I think it's just something I'll have to get used to, and probably one of Google's "secret" ways to boast better battery life.

i use the Brightness Level app for my settings and noticed that while the manual settings are about the same as with GB, on Auto the lowest setting is lower than the manual 0. this is great for me as one of my biggest issues with the NS4G was its insanely bright screen on 'low'

cabrone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So far my gripes are limited to the scrolling which has been addressed (by another user saying it is normal) and...well, the brightness is dimmer. However, I enjoy that, actually. Another thing is the no long press for widgets on the home screen. No big deal, just different.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this is a problem with ICS or with the GMail app, but my GMail has closed suddenly on its own several times in the middle of opening mail or scrolling down an email message.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
What I've gotten so far:

1 reboot which happened while I was also in settings so wonder if that's just an update issue.

Screen dimness is RIDICULOUS! The only way I can see it being useful that low is at night when you're driving. I usually kept mine around 1/3 from the bottom in GB but have found that it has to be at least 3/4 up to be at the same brightness. What the hell?

I do love the fact that the app screens are on pages to be scrolled sideways rather than one long icy scroll, that's very reminiscent of my palm pre, which I loved.

I don't like the google search screen being forced on me but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Wish I knew if 4G worked, Sprint doesn't have it in the Buffalo area. GRR!!!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
There's a problem refreshing POP3/IMAP accounts in the Email app (No problem with my exchange accounts). No matter how many times I restarted the app or phone they wouldn't pick up new emails. I finall fixed it by this two step process (for each account):

1. Go into the settings for the account, click on incoming server settings and click "done" to accept them, without changing anything (it'll then say it's verifying the settings)

2. Go into the account and choose to view "folders", wait till it loads the folders at the bottom and then click into one of them (NOT Inbox), then refresh that folder

After that, I can go into the inbox and refresh the account and get new emails.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87