Why do some people have Face Unlock Feature on their 4.04 upgrade

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
why do some people have face unlock feature on their 4.04 ICS upgrade and others do not? for myself, I thought it was there before I took out the battery and re - started my phone but now I cant seem to find it. Have I lost my mind? I thought I saw it on there when I first put 4.04 on my Nexus S4G Friday night.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Google didn't put it into the ics version for the nexus s due to the front facing camera only being vga. some devs have added it back to their custom roms.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why do some people have Face Unlock Feature on their 4.04 upg

You would have to root your phone and then you could install the facelock app. You can try to download the apk and add it "stock", it may work.. I haven't tried installing things like this on stock forever since I'm always rooted.

Facelock.apk (Place on sdcard and click on it to install using a file explorer like ES File Explorer) Also make sure you have under Settings/Apps/ Allow Installation of Non Market Apps

Last edited:

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Fyi, The apk failed to install for me. I am rooted on stock rom.

J

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

Theres a download link for flashable file for it somewhere on this forum for the NS4G. If you can't find it later then you can pm me your email and I'll just send it to you that way.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

i couldn't get it to work even on the unit I had that was rooted and it was built into a custom rom. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. If it's a crapshoot each time, it's just not a feature I want to mess with.