The icon for the Chrome browser changed to a green Android in a folder, not in app drawer!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I am using Cyanogenmod (but I don't think that matters) ICS and I have Google Chrome installed. I also put it in a folder on the home screen. In the folder, I just noticed (it happened very recently) that the icon is now a green Android. It looks similar to the one you'd see for a recovery scree. In the app drawer the icon is still the correct chrome icon! Does anyone know why this happens? Have I had malware installed?

theHurst

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here on a Nexus 7.
I?m using a modified CM - few days ago the chrome icon in a folder changed to a greed droid. In the app drower is the correct one.

Maybe we get an award? :)

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Same here on a Nexus 7.
I?m using a modified CM - few days ago the chrome icon in a folder changed to a greed droid. In the app drower is the correct one.

Maybe we get an award? :)

lol.

I'm not sure why it's happening, but it might have something to do with the way folders work?

hombre_jaguar

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this recently too! I think there was an update to Chrome recently. Maybe that caused it? I just ended up deleting the new android icon (click on and hold it, then drag to top "x remove") and then from the apps, click and hold and drag the original Chrome icon to the main screen where the android icon was to replace it.

theHurst

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ja sure - you can just delete it and put it back from the app drawer.

Yesterday was an update of google+ - after that, my g+ icon on my homescreen switched to green droid, too.
So I think it?s all caused by the updates....

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Delete the icon from your home screen then add it again, the updated version probably changed a lot of the apps makeup and your shortcut on your home screen isn't recognizing the app

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?

theHurst

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure we can do this - we know how to re-add an icon.

But it would be nice to know why the icon changed to the green droid. But its not that important....

ThePurpleAndroid

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Apparently when it updated it changed some identifiers to the shortcut. It's like putting a shortcut to a program or file on your computer desktop, if you move or alter the original file the shortcut won't work

?~?~?HTC Evo Design?~?~?