Calendar App - always jumps to September 2010

andr0idn00b

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am having issues with the usability of the Calendar app.

Problem 1: It constantly jumps back to September 2010. When I go to "Today", and create a new event, its default date is September 24, 2010.

When I open the other views, Weekly, Daily, Agenda, Monthly, I have to hit Today to see the current date.

I don't have this problem when using the google calendar on a computer, obviously. I can't find any setting that would be causing this to happen. Help?

Problem 2: Also, when I load the calendar in Daily or Weekly views, the events titles are just bold little lines, with no text. This is very annoying.

Any tips helpful. Thanks

Nexus S 4G on Sprint

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am going to assume your phone is not unlocked and is running completely stock.

In my experience this kind of behavior is usually traceable to a badly behaving app. If you have not done so, you need to "reboot" the phone, turn off by either pulling the battery or holding the power button and choosing Power off. If the problem persists, start deleting apps from the latest installed back and try the calendar after each uninstall.

If you can not clear the problem with the above. you need to do a factory reset (Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset). If this should clear the problem by getting you back to factory settings. Then install on app at a time and see if the problem returns before installing another one.

dimapb

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but have you verified date/time on your phone? Is it always creating a new event on September 24, 2010 or does it go to September 25, 2010 the next day?

andr0idn00b

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes date and time is current, set to automatically retrieve date from network.

I think I may have figured out what is causing it to happen, but I don't like that it does it or why it would cause it to happen, though:

A shared calendar (created by another google user) has an ongoing event that spans starting first date on September 24 2010 and ends on September 1 2011.

If I hide the shared calendar in question from visibility in my calendar app, it loads up on the current date.

It's a super pain, since I do need to see this user's calendar, and just one single event causing it to jump to 2010 is super annoying.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes date and time is current, set to automatically retrieve date from network.

I think I may have figured out what is causing it to happen, but I don't like that it does it or why it would cause it to happen, though:

A shared calendar (created by another google user) has an ongoing event that spans starting first date on September 24 2010 and ends on September 1 2011.

If I hide the shared calendar in question from visibility in my calendar app, it loads up on the current date.

It's a super pain, since I do need to see this user's calendar, and just one single event causing it to jump to 2010 is super annoying.

Can't you ask them to edit it down to two separate events (start date and end date)? I mean, does he/she really need to remind himself/herself on a daily basis?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87