Will I have to worry too much about storage on Nexus S?

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge and purchased a Nexus S, but I have a few things on my SD card. Will it affect my storage that much or is 16 GB enough? I've had an 8GB iPod and I was able to squeeze like 350 songs plus about 6? pages of apps.

Will that be a real hassle with not being able to load Android apps off my SD card?

Annd since I'm asking, I'm trying to find a good case for it as well, something comparable to the Otterbox like I have for my Evo. Closes one I saw(and in the color I like) was the Trident Cyclops cases.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I was too worried about the storage but after realizing I never got above 6-7 gigs on my EVO, I figured 16 would be enough. I did on occasion I put some movies on to watch, but they would never stay on the phone hogging space, I would watch and then delete. Your 350 songs and apps will be fine.

Not sure about the case issue. I just got the 6 dollar one from amazon and it works good enough for me.

jtexans

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Once Music Beta is up and running properly for everyone, you'll be able to utilize more of that memory since your songs will be in the cloud...

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Once Music Beta is up and running properly for everyone, you'll be able to utilize more of that memory since your songs will be in the cloud...

Exactly!

I'm using mine and its pretty darn good. I go camping quite a bit where there is no service so I keep a few playlists on the phone's memory. Everything else I sync out of my itunes playlist and stream while at work or to my trucks stereo while on the road. I'm liking the cloud.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recently went from a 16GB to 32GB card when i started to run out of room on my EVO. Well now EPIC.
However i dont delete a lot of stuff. I have a Transformers 1 and 2 as well as lots of ROMs for both devices. Even though i no longer have the EVO. If you are good at deleting old stuff you should be fine.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
16gb is fine if your not putting videos and a lot of music. The cloud will help for your music. Definitely. I have 16gb of music on my computer.

I haven't put a movie on my phone since they released Netflix. :)

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't really do any movie viewing on my phone, especially now that I have Netflix :p

But I do have about 2000+ songs, majority of them on my old computer.

What exactly is the cloud service supposed to be and will it be free?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't really do any movie viewing on my phone, especially now that I have Netflix :p

But I do have about 2000+ songs, majority of them on my old computer.

What exactly is the cloud service supposed to be and will it be free?

Google Music is free, and allows syncing of 20,000 songs. Works great for me- storage is not an issue at all for me.

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
?off topic? Not sure if it was just a coincidence, but I got my music beta invite several hours after activating my nexus, after waiting weeks for it with my evo. Maybe the nexus line has its perks.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you get an invite? it'd be nice to upload my music to the cloud since I'd finally be able to get rid of my old computer along with not worrying about storage on my Nexus

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana