Separate e-mail notifications

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't figure out if there is a way to get different sound notifications for separate e-mail accounts (gmail specifically).

It was such a breeze whenI had my EVO

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm almost positive you can set a different ringtone per email account. If not, you can definitely do so with K9 (free advanced email app from the market).

Tiffy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not believe you can set separate ring tones for each email account. I tired and only saw general settings that control all accounts.

ogbetua

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I can have separate notifications for Gmail. But the other Email app only allows one notification for all accounts.

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost positive you can set a different ringtone per email account. If not, you can definitely do so with K9 (free advanced email app from the market).

I'm not a fan of K9

I do not believe you can set separate ring tones for each email account. I tired and only saw general settings that control all accounts.

Yea, I couldn't find anything either

I can have separate notifications for Gmail. But the other Email app only allows one notification for all accounts.

you have individual notifications for each gmail account?

ogbetua

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I do have individual notifications and I can specify notifications for each synced label. I am using Gmail v2.3.5

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I just figured it out... It was just taking a few extra steps. I guess I was so use to my Evo I expected it to be a little more simpler. But I just had to tinker around a little bit more to figure it out. So here it is for anyone who was having the same issue I was.

- Go to your gmail account setting for your specific account > select (Labels to notify) at the very bottom.
- Then select (Inbox)
- Then select (Ringtone) and pick out your new notification sound.

Hope this helps out anyone else who was having issues like I was.

Reactions: ratchetjaw#AC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laeahkora