The "I was going to get the Evo 3D" Thread

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Oh but the 16gb internal memory and the fact that nvidea gives great support to gaming devs makes the photon the clear choice for me. plus I am hoping to be able to plug this phone into tvs and play games on the big screen but that is only if it will be able to display the stuff on the phone ie the home screens and whatever is open on the phone and not just movies and pics

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
evo 3d isnt worth the hype and i wasnt impressed...i already used it for few days already had few issues like blank screen and htc sense force closes...im over it..its time for on to the next one....

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
evo 3d isnt worth the hype and i wasnt impressed...i already used it for few days already had few issues like blank screen and htc sense force closes...im over it..its time for on to the next one....
eze,was the reception and phone performance on your EVO 3D as bad as a lot of the early reviews seem to suggest?

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to say which device is better. I like Sense more than I like motoblur. But I like the hardware better on the Photon. If you slap launcher pro on this thing, it should be the better buy. But we will see which phone has the most issues.

green2u

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After looking at AndroidCentrals Evo 3D/Proton 4G specs comparison (http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d-and-motorola-photon-specs-comparison), and reading about the crappy call quality on the Evo 3D (yes I still use my smartphone to call people---imagine that!) I am holding out for reviews on the Photon 4G upon release. I also like that the Photon has 8 mp camera, is a worldphone, is lighter than the Evo 3D, and oh that 1 GB DDR2 RAM (Evo 3D just has just 1GB), and oh the glorious 16 GM of ROM and storage! I checked out the new Motoblur and though not as pretty as Sense 3.0, it does have some useful features.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This might seem weird. But I'll get the Photon if it gets a custom Sense 3.0 ROM. I would get the Evo 3D, but it doesn't have a kickstand. :p. Plus, HTC battery life sucks. That's the only complaint I have about my Evo.

tsrich

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Photon > EVO 3D for custom roms... less baggage. Also I have this idea about not being an early adopter of anything 3D... just saying.

Whaa?

I don't get this comment. HTC generally has a much bigger developer community churning out custom ROMs, and (at least right now) is the only one of the two phones that has a chance at having the ability to install custom ROMs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning towards the Moto and hope they follow thru and unlock the boot loader, but I still expect much more developers to surround the HTC than the Moto.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Whaa?

I don't get this comment. HTC generally has a much bigger developer community churning out custom ROMs, and (at least right now) is the only one of the two phones that has a chance at having the ability to install custom ROMs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning towards the Moto and hope they follow thru and unlock the boot loader, but I still expect much more developers to surround the HTC than the Moto.

They do and imo always will. I don't see why devs would get this when the evo 3d and within are both options. I think the other guy is hallucinating lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
my motorola rep came in with it today only got to use it for a few minutes but all i can say is wow..phone feels great, screen looks amazing, phone runs real smooth...phone feel very sturdy..deff a going to be a great phone, another powerhouse device for sprint..cant wait till it release already thinking about upgrading to it when it comes out...

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe im the only person who doesnt care about the bootloader and cant wait for this phone

The photon is basically the same phone as the Droid Bionic with the only difference being it has a smaller screen (4.5 vs 4.3).

Also the new updated Motoblur on Gingerbread looks much nicer than all previous versions so far.

Definitely cant wait for this phone
Indeed. I read on this site, Motorola Photon Preview | Ubergizmo that the Photon is an "enhanced" version of the Atrix. Can't wait for Photon to arrive on the Sprint network.

fred1955

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I also read the Photon has a dual-layer of Gorilla glass to dramatically reduce the amount of glare from the Sun. Awesome specs!

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately no i only used it for about 5minutes...when i asked the rep he didnt comment..im going to digg up some more answers and see if someone will answer

i talked to my rep he said as of right now it will have a locked bootloader..there talking about unlocking the bootloader...guess we got to wait and see what they decide