Messaging app showing no messages

rodmako

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
From time to time over the past week, I go to open my messaging app and I get a blank messaging screen that says no messages. I have 1,000s of messages but nothing gets displayed. If I try to create a new message by clicking on the button, nothing happens. When I reboot the phone, it goes back to working for a while but then it will happen again.

Currently operating with Android 5.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rodmako

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I honestly have not tried in safe made as it ts intermittent. Should I try to boot into safe mode the next time that it happens?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a good way of determining whether one of the 3rd party apps you installed might be interfering. If the problem never happens in Safe Mode, then something you installed is probably the culprit. But it can be hard to figure out which app--you'd have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away for good.

rodmako

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
It just stopped working again and I rebooted into safe mode and the messages app worked. However, rebooting (not in safe mode) has always fixed it. Not sure if that solved anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long does it usually take before the messages disappear? If it's just matter of minutes to hours, then try keeping the phone in Safe Mode for that time frame, and see if it happens again. If it doesn't, you could keep it in Safe Mode for even longer, like a couple of days. If the messages never disappear, then that would support the possibility that some 3rd party app is causing the problem.

rodmako

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
How long does it usually take before the messages disappear? If it's just matter of minutes to hours, then try keeping the phone in Safe Mode for that time frame, and see if it happens again. If it doesn't, you could keep it in Safe Mode for even longer, like a couple of days. If the messages never disappear, then that would support the possibility that some 3rd party app is causing the problem.
It varies. Sometimes its good for a day. Sometimes hours. Now I have texts coming in today from Saturday.

rodmako

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using hangouts for about a week and it is still happening. Hangouts will crash and there are messages that have been sent that I have never received.

So far no crashes in safe mode but I cannot begin to imagine which o the 100+ apps that I have on my phone is causing the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall