Does Sprint Version Of Galaxy S4 have Sim Slot(capable of replacing sim)

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggest, I would like to know if Sprint Version of Galaxy S4 will have an option of replacing sim, making it a global phone, or will it have a embedded sim. I would also like to know when can we see the actual reviews of Galaxy S4(carrier versions). I'm surprised that there are still now Galaxy S4 review(Sprint version) while the phone is slated for April 27th release.

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Now we can't give a REAL review of something we don't have can we?
What I was meant to say that I'm surprised not to see any reviews yet when we are so close to the release date, normally we get the reviews a week or so before(at least) the official release.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I understand what your saying but unless the phone is in someones hands EARLY from Sprint then there is no way to give an honest review. Not to mention AC's blog team will not give you a short time review, they like to test something out for a few days normally before they put their name & reputation on the line. That I applaud, you can't get a phone's true feeling in a couple hours or even a day....

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes I understand what your saying but unless the phone is in someones hands EARLY from Sprint then there is no way to give an honest review. Not to mention AC's blog team will not give you a short time review, they like to test something out for a few days normally before they put their name & reputation on the line. That I applaud, you can't get a phone's true feeling in a couple hours or even a day....

Yes I know the work Androidcentral.com put before letting their review published, that's why I stick around this site refreshing many times a day(normal day) and if it is busy like now when the top smartphones are lined up for release, I can't resist myself refreshing this site at least for every 5 minutes.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
We don't need a full review, just an answer the ops question :)
Hopefully a few get out and in to reviewers hands before the pre orders ship.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will be. Sprint HTC One has a micro-sim card slot and GS4 will definitely have it as it's holding true to sprints promise to release all new high end LTE devices with sim cards.

Pvt1995

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 does indeed have a SIM card. I've been with Sprint for over 11 years and this is a first and shock for me.... I dunno if this is a good or bad thing..

gmon45

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The Sprint S4 has a micro sim card that you can remove.
Also when you go into preferred network mode screen you can pick which network you want.
CDMA
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS
AUTOMATIC
Mine was set to automatic, you can switch and the phone will ask to reboot to your preferred network. Will it go there? I don't know.
My phone asked if I wanted to reboot and I said no and canceled..Just scared a little don't wanna mess it up yet...lol

Also I notice when I first saw the phone @ Sprint and turn it on it just said Samsung Galaxy S4 no sprint logos anywhere until she entered some numbers and scan and activated it the it became Sprint with all the bloated software and the yellow sprint logo.
Does that mean the Sprint S4 is unlocked? Or just that you can put a different operating sys, on it?

Last edited:

yuuu

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone knows for sure if it comes unlocked? So u can use it abroad without having to unlock it?

Talking about gsm network of course.

Thanks

jlitwaitis

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
did that s4 reviewed by alex on the 24th of April have a sim card in it. I purchased my phone and it came without a sim card and i just wanted to know.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint S4 has a micro sim card that you can remove.
Also when you go into preferred network mode screen you can pick which network you want.
CDMA
LTE/CDMA
GSM/UMTS
AUTOMATIC
Mine was set to automatic, you can switch and the phone will ask to reboot to your preferred network. Will it go there? I don't know.
My phone asked if I wanted to reboot and I said no and canceled..Just scared a little don't wanna mess it up yet...lol

Also I notice when I first saw the phone @ Sprint and turn it on it just said Samsung Galaxy S4 no sprint logos anywhere until she entered some numbers and scan and activated it the it became Sprint with all the bloated software and the yellow sprint logo.
Does that mean the Sprint S4 is unlocked? Or just that you can put a different operating sys, on it?

That is the activation code. I would assume that once she enters the code it locks the phone.

Personally I would have told then I will activate it myself, then not enter the code, just insert the sprint sim card and set the network.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it can. You will need to call Sprint international care team (sprint.com/international - get contact info from there) to get them to unlock.

Usually, they need the phone to be active on your account for 90 days before they will unlock, but in case you need it urgently, and your account meets some requirements (I don't know what those are - they didn't tell me, but my account qualified), they can have it expedited after 15 days of you having the phone active on your account. My phone is unlocked now, and I have already verified that it works with a local SIM during my recent overseas trip.

gminatr

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought an S4 off of ebay and it didn't come with a SIM Card, I contacted Sprint's International team and they sent me a SIM Card gratis. Had to activate the SIM card via support, in order to access the LTE Network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa