Help!! Samsung Galaxy s4 won't stop restarting!

Autumn Fineran

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
So today, I woke up and my phone was fine. I've had my Gs4 since like June, and haven't had any problems whatsoever. So I was just listening to Spotify, minding my own business and my phone decides to restart. I'm like, okay maybe it just overheated or jammed or something. It started around 6pm and now, at 11pm it WON'T STOP REBOOTING ITSELF. ITS SO IRRITATING. I've tried everything except an entire factory reset. I took out the battery, which by the way was 70% when this started; I took out the SD card and Sim card and cleared the cache. What do I do? Should I do a factory reset? I just don't want to lose everything. Could it have to do anything with the battery? Please help!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say you cleared the cache, do you mean the system cache partition?

See if you can boot it into Safe Mode: Samsung Galaxy S III - Enable and Disable Safe Mod... - Mobile Product Support Forums. If this works, then some 3rd party app is messing things up. You may then have to start uninstalling apps until the problem stops.

I've read other threads where problems like this resolved after replacing the battery, so if you have a spare lying around, give that a try.

rosede

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Autumn,

I had the exact same issue. I purchased my phone in June, and for about two months it would just randomly reboot. No big deal, however, one night, during the middle of the night, the damn thing just started rebooting. It wouldn't stop. I was traveling and I was in a location that didn't have a sprint store, no matter what I did, the damn thing just wouldn't stop rebooting, so I just pulled the battery and let it sit.

After a couple of days, and after I finally got home, I decided to do a factory reset. I really didn't want to, it took me a while to get it setup the way that I liked it, but I figured that was what Sprint would tell me anyway.

I have not had any issues since doing the factory reset (in late July or early August). I know that it sucks to do, but something got stuck in there, that I couldn't figure out, and that was what was needed to clear it out.

Daryl

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey iam also having the same problem! 2 days before i have updated version 4.3 in my galaxy S4!! first it was working properlyy! suddenly it started to rebooting again nd again!!
so i took it up to service centre , first they tried to update my software, but the problem still continued! atlast they deciced to replace my board!!
why this thing happend? it that version 4.3 is not supportable for S4???

arcjeeper

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There are two usual culprits to this happening. This happens to all Samsung phones.
#1 the battery is going bad
#2 your sd card has gone bad

I've had your issue a few times over the years, all with Samsung phones. First time it was my sd card (had to replace). Last few times it was the battery. Many times you'll know it's the battery because it starts to swell. Take your sd card out first and see if problem is resolved. If that doesn't do it, try a battery from someone else's S4.

Posted via Galaxy S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87