Sprint Galaxy S4 - Bluetooth & Ford Sync issues and music playing

szreed97

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
So I have a couple issues here - before the update my Ford Sync in my Ford Fusion 2012 worked JUST FINE with my Samsung Galaxy S4 bluetooth, but now it's iffy on that. I used to be able to connect my phone via Bluetooth and go to the settings in my car to change to Bluetooth Media and stream my music from my phone using Google Play and/or Pandora. Now, when I choose to play music it won't even play through my phone's back speaker, it will only play it through the earpiece on my phone. My car says it's connected and my phone says it's set to play through bluetooth, but it doesn't play through my car at all. And sometimes, calls will ring through my car speakers, but when I choose to answer them I have to pick up my phone and talk because it won't transfer through my car.

I will also go through my car to select to open the Pandora app to see if that would possibly force my phone to play it through the speakers of my car; it opens up the app from the car but yet again, my phone doesn't play it through my car, it plays it through the earpiece and not the back speaker. This all started after the Android 4.3 update, but I have no idea if these issues are linked to the update.

Also,

I'll take a phone call or even make one and a little later after the phone call when I open up my camera it will say, "Cannot open camera during phone call" and I'm not even in a call...this confuses the hell out of me....THIS issue I believe is from the update, but I'm not too sure.

Can anyone justify these issues or even give me some other troubleshooting advice?

trublond

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the last update, I have to toggle play in Google Music for my music to play. Once it starts it is fine. But more irritating is my phone calls suck. Before it was flawless but now I can't hear them, they can't hear me. This update is definitely a step back.

szreed97

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
So, it seems this new update wasn't that at all - an update? I've noticed there are lots of reported problems with this phone after the update, but they all seem like scattered issues and not defined to one specific thing, which is odd. Usually if an update rolls out and the camera on one phone stops working, then the issue persists on other devices as well. Interestingly enough, I've noticed people having issues with bluetooth after the update, but not all the same things. I was curious if it was my Ford Fusion that was the culprit, but I guess I can rule that out now.

terrinicky

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Before the update I could play music via bluetooth through my after market car stereo. Since the update I can still make and receive calls through bluetooth but can not play music as soon as I turn bluetooth on on my phone I get a warning that says "unable to play during a call" checked with my sons iPhone and his works fine through bluetooth on my stereo.

szreed97

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Before the update I could play music via bluetooth through my after market car stereo. Since the update I can still make and receive calls through bluetooth but can not play music as soon as I turn bluetooth on on my phone I get a warning that says "unable to play during a call" checked with my sons iPhone and his works fine through bluetooth on my stereo.

I can make phone calls, but I have to select "Handset" on my phone for it to go through my car unless I make the phone call FROM my car or answer the call FROM my car. This update is definitely not a step forward... My issue is playing music through my car stereo and my camera that wont open after I've made a phone call - I get an error saying, "Camera cannot be loaded during call".

mckeesmith

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Since the update, I'm having a related problem with bluetooth on my Samsung GIII, Ford Sync and an iPod. I have a LOT of music on the iPod and use it for music in the car. But when I turn on the iPod, it kills the bluetooth for the GIII. I don't want to listen to music on the GIII but I do want to make calls. So I'm driving down the road fumbling with the settings on the phone to get it to reconnect. Everything was fine before the latest update!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38