Sprint Galaxy S4: Anyone still not get KitKat?

xDukey

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. i was just wondering if anyone has yet to receive the kitkat update? There is only a couple of a days left and im kind of worried i wont receive it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone still not get kitkat?

They won't stop offering the update. That's the day it should be provisioned to all numbers. At this point you might as well just sideload it or install the official NAE rom (doesn't wipe data).

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm still waiting.

I read somewhere that the rollout is from 2/19 to 3/9 so I guess there are still 7 days left and someone has to be last...

Posted via Android Central App

xDukey

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Oh alright! Thank you for clearing that up! And the only reason I haven't sideloaded it is because honestly I dont know how.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Be patient.. I just received mines last night it shall come soon

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

grapkoski

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry, if you have an tri-band (L720T) you still have a few days before everyone is provisioned to get it. I believe Sprint said it would be slowly rolled out until March 10th.

xDukey

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting also! Ahhh my friend who has a galaxy s4 got his update weeks ago. I remember when the 4.3 OTA update was released I received it like a week later.

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm still waiting too. How many Sprint GS4s can there be that it takes this long to roll out the upgrade?

nra_luke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile GS4, and they haven't even announced kitkat for it yet. This may seem noob like of me, but how do you bootload kitkat, and if someone could, a little 101 on bootloading.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

xDukey

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
If by "bootload" you mean sideload, I can't help you there buddy sorry. But I think you should just wait for T-Mobile's annoucement. It doesn't seem like a good idea to sideload another carrier version of android on your carrier specific phone. I could be wring though.

jenden

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. i was just wondering if anyone has yet to receive the kitkat update? There is only a couple of a days left and im kind of worried i wont receive it lol.

I haven't got yet. I'm from the Northwest of Indiana. What is the last day?

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I woke up this morning with the update downloaded and ready to go. I guess they didn't forget about me.

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Just installed. Went quickly, but did lose apps just like other have reported. Here is a list of the apps that were deleted:
  • Bacon Reader
  • Scout
  • KeePass Droid
  • SiriusXM (automatic login and downloads were saved)
  • Cisco Jabber (auto login was NOT saved)
  • Zillow
  • Trillian
  • Google Voice
  • Home Depot
  • Amazon app store (from Amazon.com)
  • eBay
  • WingZone
  • Onstar Remote
  • Candy Crush (from Amazon app store - progress was saved though)
  • Shazam Encore (from Amazon app store - my tags were saved)

So far no noticeable difference from 4.3 except the white battery indicator.

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
It did optimize 198 apps, but I don't remember if it restarted after that. I did it at work and wasn't paying 100% attention. I did not manually restart it until just now and that seems to have done the trick. 17 more apps "optimized" after the reboot. Strange that it didn't force or ask for the 2nd reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez