Reverse GV+S Integration: Sprint+Google Voice.

Which?

• Total voters

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How about that instead of this.

So Google Voice + Sprint. Replaces your GV number with Sprint number. All calls go to GV instead. And your phone is technically now GV instead of Sprint.

How about Sprint goes to GV instead of GV going to Sprint?

For instance: Integration does nothing except ALLOW calls from GV from your sprint number and to ability to see texts and send from your sprint number. So when your on your Sprint phone you make calls from sprint to the person. Instead of from your phone to Google to the person.

Who thinks that set up would be better?

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You would essentially lose some GV perks like call forwarding as you would run Sprint services with access from GV instead of GV Services with integration. But it would be a nice third option.

So really instead of integration it would be "ACCESS"

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been reading and re-reading this post and don't understand what you guys think is so new? You are essentially describing option 1 of integration, which I thought was awesome when it was working right, but now Sprint screwed it up. My computer was essentially the same as my cell phone. I loved texting from computer and seeing voicemails transcribed and delivered via both text and email. When I didn't have cellphone voice coverage, I would call via wifi on my computer and people who received calls saw my same number. Texts came to both my computer and cellphone. Correct me if I'm wrong about what is different from what you guys are describing.

Last edited:

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My idea is similar to the integration now. You would have "Access" to your sprint account via computer. Allowing you to still make calls and send texts. However it wouldn't be integrated to your GV account.

So when calling from your phone you wouldn't call GV who would then call. You would call directly. And instead of calling from GV you would call in the same manner but it would just go through sprint. Access your voice there.

Which would be a nice third option since the integration has issues that need to be worked out.

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My idea is similar to the integration now. You would have "Access" to your sprint account via computer. Allowing you to still make calls and send texts. However it wouldn't be integrated to your GV account.

So when calling from your phone you wouldn't call GV who would then call. You would call directly. And instead of calling from GV you would call in the same manner but it would just go through sprint. Access your voice there.

Which would be a nice third option since the integration has issues that need to be worked out.
That would be nice, but Sprint would still blow it somehow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non