Question about upgrades?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
im a little confused about this.

When i get my upgrade it is $150 off a phone from sprint.

But say i go to best buy or Nebraska furniture mart(local store). Say their upgrade price on the sign shows $299. Is $299 what i would pay +tax?

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
While Sprint gives a $150 credit towards a new phone with a 2-year contract extension it's monopoly money. On the one hand, their base prices are often higher than what other vendors charge. On the other hand, they sometimes offer additional discounts and rebates totaling more than $150. Your best bet is to check the Sprint store price on sprint.com and compare it to what other retailers are charging for the same phone.

Example Sprint Photon 4G

Sprint Price $549.99
Contract Disc.-400.00
Rebate -50.00

Net cost $99.99

eBay (no contract) $400

Radio Shack w/contract $49.99

New phone pricing falls into three categories:

1) Phone, no plan
2) Phone upgrade for existing customer w/new contract
3) Phone w/new contract for new customer or new line.

You'll have to read the fine print on the Nebraska Furniture Mart deal to find out which category the $299 price falls under. If you extend your contract with a third-party you may have additional ETF fees to get out of your contract.

Cut to the chase - what phone are you shopping for?

Last edited:

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
im a little confused about this.

When i get my upgrade it is $150 off a phone from sprint.

But say i go to best buy or Nebraska furniture mart(local store). Say their upgrade price on the sign shows $299. Is $299 what i would pay +tax?

Yes, you would pay $299 and tax would be on that $299.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
While Sprint gives a $150 credit towards a new phone with a 2-year contract extension it's monopoly money. On the one hand, their base prices are often higher than what other vendors charge. On the other hand, they sometimes offer additional discounts and rebates totaling more than $150. Your best bet is to check the Sprint store price on sprint.com and compare it to what other retailers are charging for the same phone.

Example Sprint Photon 4G

Sprint Price $549.99
Contract Disc.-400.00
Rebate -50.00

Net cost $99.99

eBay (no contract) $400

Radio Shack w/contract $49.99

New phone pricing falls into three categories:

1) Phone, no plan
2) Phone upgrade for existing customer w/new contract
3) Phone w/new contract for new customer or new line.

You'll have to read the fine print on the Nebraska Furniture Mart deal to find out which category the $299 price falls under. If you extend your contract with a third-party you may have additional ETF fees to get out of your contract.

Cut to the chase - what phone are you shopping for?

NFM is an authorized dealer for sprint. Also says the upgrade price with a 2 year contract extension, so i don't think i would have to pay an EFT.