Buyout to get EVO 4G LTE?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint Corporate and have them check your account for this option.

I did and plan on doing the "buyout" in a couple of weeks to get the Galaxy Nexus.
I was told the deal runs through 04/27 but that was noted as the end date for me and my deal.
It may be different for others. Not sure.

Best to just call Sprint and ask for someone in Account Services to check your option for this.

Mav. :cool:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint Corporate and have them check your account for this option.
Y
I did and plan on doing the "buyout" in a couple of weeks to get the Galaxy Nexus.
I was told the deal runs through 04/27 but that was noted as the end date for me and my deal.
It may be different for others. Not sure.

Best to just call Sprint and ask for someone in Account Services to check your option for this.

Thanks! Will do and I'll report back...

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm! Dialed *2 this afternoon and for $85 I'm eligible for an upgrade starting tomorrow!

EVO 4G LTE here I come!

Very cool. Glad it worked out for you.
My charge will be $65 but my upgrade date is currently Sept 1st.
Did you pay them at the time or will they add it to your next bill?

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh. Something I need to consider... Maybe I'll do this also and get the evo4glte for a birthday present to myself... :)

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Very cool. Glad it worked out for you.
My charge will be $65 but my upgrade date is currently Sept 1st.
Did you pay them at the time or will they add it to your next bill?

Sent from the future on my Android Optimus S

They add it to your next bill.

I'm actually thinking that this will not be ending this week, but I would call to make sure.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Called Sprint today (*2 on your phone).
Request Account Services when you call.

As I had already talked to them about the Upgrade Buy Out, they made the adjustments to my account.
My prior upgrade date was Sept 1st and was quoted $65.00 to buy out the remaining time.
They corrected that and will only charge me $45.00 to do it.
It will be charged on my next bill.
It takes 24-48 hours for it to kick in.
Easy peasy.

If you want to do this, it never hurts to ask.

Now I can get the Galaxy Nexus when it comes out on April 22nd. :D

I recommend this to anyone thinking about it.

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I paid $165 to buyout mine, wasn't due for an upgrade until late july 2013. I'm not entirely sure this promo really ended yesterday but since it wasn't gonna make any difference to do it now or wait a month I just went ahead and did it now. After I sell my EVO 3D and get that $50 discount from Best Buy I'd break even anyway, can't wait for the EVO LTE.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any of you buying out able to verify your upgrade date has changed?

I called last Wednesday and did this. On Saturday I noticed my upgrade date still said 12/1/12. Call CS again and they said it was still in process but it was noted on my account. Checked again today and it is still saying 12/1/12. :-(

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Any of you buying out able to verify your upgrade date has changed?

I called last Wednesday and did this. On Saturday I noticed my upgrade date still said 12/1/12. Call CS again and they said it was still in process but it was noted on my account. Checked again today and it is still saying 12/1/12. :-(

Mine took like a day to go thru and they've already charged my account. They charged state sales tax on the $165 buy out, which is kinda screwy imo, but whatever. Next bill went from the usual $80 to $250, heh.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine took like a day to go thru and they've already charged my account. They charged state sales tax on the $165 buy out, which is kinda screwy imo, but whatever. Next bill went from the usual $80 to $250, heh.

Called again last night because my new date was still not showing. Got transferred around until I finally got someone who did it while I was on the phone. Good to go now!

All I need is for them to announce the darn date this will be available!! Come on Sprint!

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Called again last night because my new date was still not showing. Got transferred around until I finally got someone who did it while I was on the phone. Good to go now!

All I need is for them to announce the darn date this will be available!! Come on Sprint!

Yeah, no kidding... They said they're doing pre orders like May 6 or 7 or whatever so hopefully that means it's actually coming out sometime in May and not July like the previous EVOs. My birthday's May 3rd and this is gonna be my self-gift. :p Samsung SGS3 hype machine will be in full swing then, I don't expect to be swayed by it but we'll see... A Sprint version would take months so unless they're announcing an S4 phone with a huge RAZR MAXX-type battery I'm not sure what could possibly be better than the EVO LTE.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I started a chat with someone and they told me it would cost $95 for me to early upgrade. My ETF is $70. I asked if I could just pay that and the guy said no. He was trying to get me to cancel my service and then sign up again! I told him Dan Hesse should punch him in the nuts. I called in and got someone smart and then let me pay $5 less than my etf to be instantly eligible. I checked today and it would let me order the Nexus for 199. Now the big decisions is do I wait for the EVO or not?

Sent from the future using Tapatalk 2

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
EVO imo, better screen, better battery life, faster SoC, kickstand, better camera... Better everything really imo, only flaw is the non-removable battery and I can absolutely live with that given everything else they got right. I rarely swapped mine in the EVO 3D anyway. HTC phones are super easy to unlock these days and official updates for CDMA/Wimax Nexus devices haven't been the most prompt anyway.

TheIowaKid

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. The problem I have is impulse! I wonder if I could buy the Nexus, us it for 13 days, take it back if I wasn't in love, then go back to my ns4g and pre order the evo. By then id know a time frame of when it would hit I'd think, right?

Sent from the future using Tapatalk 2

Impulses

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, not sure if you can do that or if at that point they'd force you to exchange it for something else, I'd check or sdfhj an employee that knows what he's doing. I hate the new 15 day return window everyone's doing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member