Will Sprint make a move like other carriers

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile introduced the Jump program and ATT as well as Verizon followed. Do yoi think Sprint will do the same for their customers. We can upgrade every 20 months if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. I think the guaranteed for life unlimited talk, text, and data plans are the answer to that.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint will have to answer, it's just a matter of time. Sprint is not in the position to be the odd man out, the slowness of the NV overhaul is already testing people's patients greatly, Sprint not keeping up with the others with to their Upgrade policies will surely push people to jump to other carriers. Sprint could hold out as long as TMO was the only one making the change, but with all three competitors making the change will surely force Sprint to match or do something even more BOLD.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's all extra costs. Only do something that helps the customer.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree. Does the average, or even above average, user really want to upgrade twice a year and pay full cost of a device?

When Sprint had the upgrade yearly thing going that was jive, but it still cost $200 for that new device (plus additional accessories). Yearly is about the limit, and if not subsidized not many (beyond d these forum power users will take advantage of it).

Sorry, but people who upgrade twice a year are a very, very, small minority and I feel it would be a mistake to cater to them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. Does the average, or even above average, user really want to upgrade twice a year and pay full cost of a device?

Just FYI incase you didn't know... When you get that discounted price and sign a 2 year contract... At the end of that 2 years your paid more for the device then you would have buying full price. :).

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just FYI incase you didn't know... When you get that discounted price and sign a 2 year contract... At the end of that 2 years your paid more for the device then you would have buying full price. :).

Oh, not saying that at all. It's like buying a car or house... You always pay more when spreading payments out.

My point being that you're going to be paying that amount outright, not spreading payments over two years. Besides with the T-mobile deal, what happens if you spread your payments over a year, but then decide to upgrade after 6 months? Is it going to be like trading in a car where you roll the payoff of your current device into the payments of your new device? If so, you'll only be able upgrade twice a year once or twice before you'll really start paying through the nose for the device on a monthly basis.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh, not saying that at all. It's like buying a car or house... You always pay more when spreading payments out.

My point being that you're going to be paying that amount outright, not spreading payments over two years. Besides with the T-mobile deal, what happens if you spread your payments over a year, but then decide to upgrade after 6 months? Is it going to be like trading in a car where you roll the payoff of your current device into the payments of your new device? If so, you'll only be able upgrade twice a year once or twice before you'll really start paying through the nose for the device on a monthly basis.

No. Once you turn in the old phone they'll pay the remaining balance and then you just start paying on your new one.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

When Sprint had the upgrade yearly thing going that was jive, but it still cost $200 for that new device (plus additional accessories). Yearly is about the limit, and if not subsidized not many (beyond d these forum power users will take advantage of it).

Sorry, but people who upgrade twice a year are a very, very, small minority and I feel it would be a mistake to cater to them.

If you get the T-Mobile JUMP! Program you get insurance included in the $10 monthly charge, and you are essentially leasing the phone for the time frame you have it. You don't pay full price ever because you are upgrading so often.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you get the T-Mobile JUMP! Program you get insurance included in the $10 monthly charge, and you are essentially leasing the phone for the time frame you have it. You don't pay full price ever because you are upgrading so often.

So, you're saying you pay $10 a month for your phone plus insurance and you can get a new phone every 6 months?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
So, you're saying you pay $10 a month for your phone plus insurance and you can get a new phone every 6 months?

You pay around $20 for the phone a month, it can be cheaper for some phones but anything new like the S4 will be $20 a month. Plus $10 a month for the JUMP! program which includes insurance and after 6 months you get 2 upgrades per calendar year.

http://m.t-mobile.com/phone-upgrade?cm_mmc_o=FB_bkwCjC-czywEwllCjC3J4VCjC3J4VFB_bkwFzy6Aww

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

In this case, the option doesn't hurt to offer. And if they do it like At&t and VZW, they stand to make money.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You pay around $20 for the phone a month, it can be cheaper for some phones but anything new like the S4 will be $20 a month. Plus $10 a month for the JUMP! program which includes insurance and after 6 months you get 2 upgrades per calendar year.

JUMP! Phone Upgrade | T-Mobile

You also have to pay $150 down for the phone. In order to upgrade after 6 months, sounds like you would have to pay $120 to complete the 6 months of $20 payments on the phone you're trading in.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
At&t's early upgrade Next program is a joke. They are ripping people off. T-Mobile JUMP! is actually a good plan.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
At&t's early upgrade Next program is a joke. They are ripping people off. T-Mobile JUMP! is actually a good plan.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. Most of the android sites I read have said att next is a joke and people shouldn't even try it. I don't think Sprint is going to offer anything similar. They currently have unlimited data, they still have the old everything data plans and you can still renew every 20 months. For now Sprint will keep it that way, especially with the introduction of the new my way plans.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Most of the android sites I read have said att next is a joke and people shouldn't even try it. I don't think Sprint is going to offer anything similar. They currently have unlimited data, they still have the old everything data plans and you can still renew every 20 months. For now Sprint will keep it that way, especially with the introduction of the new my way plans.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

The My Way plan is a joke, I have 4 line family plan with them and I called to see if moving to the new plan would be better, after speaking with the CSR it turns out i will be paying $50 more a month if I move to the new plan, lol, what a joke!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has to offer something competitive. Technology is moving so fast right now people want to be on the cutting edge. Not everyone needs the newest device, but having an option for those that do is great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38