MMS problems

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
does anyone else have problems getting mms messages reliably with sprint? my samsung s5 has a TERRIBLE time at getting MMS messages on time, if at all.

for example, my wife's aunt sent us a group text the other night. she sent a photo of something she wanted to give us. I never got the initial text with the photos, but got subsequent messages after that. my wife, with her samsung s4 (with sprint as well), got all of the messages correctly.

I've already reached out to sprint once before about this problem. do you guys think this is a service issue or something related to the phone? I'm leaning more towards the phone since my wife seems to get MMS messages properly on her S4...

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure it's the phone. I've rocked Android since the days of the first Galaxy S, and my wife has been in the Apple camp. Every time she sends me a message that gets split up because of the length, my phones tend to receive the resulting multiple messages in a different order that the messages should have been received.

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
sometimes I'll get MMS messages 12 hours after they were originally sent. I'll also get alerts for the same message over and over and over again even though I've seen the message the 1st time it was sent.

andrewjs18

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had various issues with MMS over my 17 years with sprint but most of it has been from Apple devices.

sigh...the only thing sprint has going for it (IMHO) is their unlimited data..if they capped theirs like the other carriers, I'd be gone from Sprint before the day ended...

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
sigh...the only thing sprint has going for it (IMHO) is their unlimited data..if they capped theirs like the other carriers, I'd be gone from Sprint before the day ended...

Yeah, it's the only reason I'm still with them. Although, with more and more WiFi around, I find myself using much less data. I have been considering moving to T-Mobile because I honestly can get by on 2.5g most months and save some money.