NEED HELP ASAP- Sprint Samsung Note 5

BUDz Clark

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I have a new Sprint Samsung Note 5 and I'm trying to figure out if I would be able to switch the Note 5 from Sprint to StraightTalk. I have the IMEI and MEID if that helps. I called straight talk but the phone is activated on the sprint network so they can't tell me if it qualifies for Straight Talks BYOP program until its unactivated from sprint. So can anyone tell me if its possible? Please and thanks so much for trying to help me

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Sprint Samsung Note 5 and I'm trying to figure out if I would be able to switch the Note 5 from Sprint to StraightTalk. I have the IMEI and MEID if that helps. I called straight talk but the phone is activated on the sprint network so they can't tell me if it qualifies for Straight Talks BYOP program until its unactivated from sprint. So can anyone tell me if its possible? Please and thanks so much for trying to help me
I'm sure you can because all Sprint phones support GSM.even tho they're CDMA. You just might need to unlock it

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You have to get it unlocked so you'd have to contact Sprint. I never had luck getting a permanent unlock through Sprint for phones (even if paid in full).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is the device fully paid and you are no longer bound by a contractual agreement? If so, then hopefully Sprint can unlock it.

Posted via the Android Central App

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you purchased the phone on installment billing, you'll have to pay it off, then possibly wait a couple days, then Sprint will be able to unlock the phone.

If you purchased on-contract (discounted), you'll have to pay the ETF for Sprint to be able to unlock the phone. This call may take a little while, because it requires supervisor assistance. You make a payment equal to the ETF, they create the charge on the account, then zero out the service agreement. Then a ticket has to be submitted to make the phone eligible for unlock. This ticket takes about three days to process. THEN Sprint can actually do the unlock, which completes in less than 30 minutes.

Edit: the phone has to have been active on your Sprint account for at least 50 days.

BUDz Clark

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
The phone is paid in full and he is deactivating it today right before I buy it. And I've already got a nano CDMA SIM card for it. And would I have to have Sprint themselves unlock the phone or could I just unlock it myself or would it cause issues if I unlocked it myself. And I know I had issues with switching Sprint to StraightTalk but that was before StraightTalk started working with certain CDMA.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sprint will do the unlocking. Have the current owner call in and request a "dsu unlock". He may have to authenticate his current account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty