Mobile data / internet connection

DLee08

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a s7 edge I upgraded to marshmellow and it seems since then all the phone has is connection issues. I am currently on sprint carrier. After the update my phone never connects to lte anymore before I was always connected to lte. All I get now is 4G. Then the most annoying part is now every 3-4 minutes I get a gray error box saying
" Check your internet connection and try again later". BUT the phone has data or its connected to wifi. Plus facebook always just bugs out saying cannot connect. I have to toggle airplane mode or turn off data then it will start workIngrid again. Idk what the issue can be. Trying to figure if there is a fix before I do a factory reset.

Any help would be great.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Save your data and do a factory reset. This should fix your problem.

The reason is there are a couple caches that do not get cleared when you update the firmware over the air. Doing a factory reset usually clears them.

DLee08

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
The phone works fine. But after this update it just gets annoying to see that message almost all the time even tho you have internet. I'll probably do the factory reset and give that a try and see if that resolve it.

DLee08

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok update I restored the phone. The error is gone!! I installed good lock samsung app. UT after install I never get lte? My lte is on i already checked ## and lte is enable. Is there a error with the app that samsung made??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recall reading about various issues when Good Lock was first released. It might still be buggy, depending on the phone it's installed on.