WOW! Sprint fraud?

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I just read something about FCC probes Sprint for subsidies for 885,000 subscribers who didn't received service.
This has put a full stop on merger talks.

I say allegedly, but if this is true, Sprint in major trouble.

Article in Reuters.

I see I posted in the wrong section please adjust accordingly thank you.
You probably have to move it down to carrier discussion forum.
Apologies

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved. And you're probably correct - the merger will probably be on hold until Sprint straightens this out. (If there's anything left to merge for TMobile after sprint "pays everyone back" - they claim it amounts to billions, and the merger was for $26.5 billion. Maybe TMobile can get Sprint for $500 million and pay the money back.)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Moved. And you're probably correct - the merger will probably be on hold until Sprint straightens this out. (If there's anything left to merge for TMobile after sprint "pays everyone back" - they claim it amounts to billions, and the merger was for $26.5 billion. Maybe TMobile can get Sprint for $500 million and pay the money back.)
They should pay the Sprint customer's bills for a year. Ha.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

I think T-MOBILE will moved to get out of this merger. Wait for said sale of low band spectrum and keep it moving.

The word Fraud having it allegedly attached to your name in any way shape or form, just may be something T-MUS isn't willing to be associated with.

I say they bounce and roll the dice on themselves.
John's already rubbernecking without them.
If this is true, it may ruin current life-line services that John was counting on. Then again he just wants the spectrum.

Not all Sprint associates are bad and I wouldn't want people to be out of a job. But for crying out loud they are just a disgrace.
Sprint fails it falls.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I think T-MOBILE will moved to get out of this merger. Wait for said sale of low band spectrum and keep it moving.

The word Fraud having it allegedly attached to your name in any way shape or form, just may be something T-MUS isn't willing to be associated with.

I say they bounce and roll the dice on themselves.
John's already rubbernecking without them.
If this is true, it may ruin current life-line services that John was counting on. Then again he just wants the spectrum.

Not all Sprint associates are bad and I wouldn't want people to be out of a job. But for crying out loud they are just a disgrace.
Sprint falls it falls.

I'm not so sure TMo is worried about the word fraud. They're embroiled in their own fraud case through Metro right now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are two reasons TMO wants the merger, spectrum is one of them, but customers is the other one. Adding 50 million customers to their 80 million won't hurt. It still won't move them out of 3rd place, but it will put them a lot closer to AT&T and Verizon.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
T-Mo might be considering what legal ramifications may happen after the merger happens now that this has come up.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking long term, though. Something that may not be easily seen since I don't have a law background. Because if Sprint did this, what else have they done?
Necropost, but if TMO buys Sprint's assets, but not its debts, and Sprint goes out of business, the Sprint customers have no out. They can't sue Sprint, because it doesn't exist. They can't sue TMO because they never did anything actionable.

That's just the way business works in the US. You can buy a company's assets and not their debts. Then, since the only thing they're "worth" is their debts, they fold up their tents. Many banks did that in 2008-2009. A lot of us lost large sums, not just a few thousand.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a legal expert, but there may be a difference here as Sprint and TMo are merging. This is not an acquisition.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
There are two reasons TMO wants the merger, spectrum is one of them, but customers is the other one. Adding 50 million customers to their 80 million won't hurt. It still won't move them out of 3rd place, but it will put them a lot closer to AT&T and Verizon.

Facts!! Looks like TMobile said we must get it done!! By this Friday we should have an answer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa