General question regarding battery meter

Laskyy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
When a battery hits 90%, is it actually at 90% or is it 99% or even 95%? Because I was lightly using my phone for a span of about 20 minutes and it dropped to 90% and I was wondering if it actually 90% exactly. Thoughts?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You could download a battery-meter widget that shows values down to single percents (e.g., 93%), then see what the stock battery meter says at that point.

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
When a battery hits 90%, is it actually at 90% or is it 99% or even 95%? Because I was lightly using my phone for a span of about 20 minutes and it dropped to 90% and I was wondering if it actually 90% exactly. Thoughts?
The stock battery shows in increments of 10% and shows something like this

100-95 = 100%
94-85 = 90%
84-75 = 80%

and so on and so forth

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you know of any widgets that have single digit increments for our A2?

No, but I believe they exist, because in one of the other threads (don't remember which forum) there was a user who stated that he was using one, because he was a little more concerned about this. I didn't subscribe to that one as I am ecstatic with the battery life that i have been getting in my first 6 weeks with this phone.

Sorry that I can't name it specifically, but if you don't find it, I will try to find what he was using when I get some time tonight.

Laskyy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone off the charger the second it said one hundred. I used it for literally five minutes (I checked the times) and I didn't even use the internet, it went down to 90%. Explanation?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I took my phone off the charger the second it said one hundred. I used it for literally five minutes (I checked the times) and I didn't even use the internet, it went down to 90%. Explanation?

I am clearly no expert, but most everything I've read says you should leave it charging for 2 to 3 hours after it says that. Personally, I don't care what my phone says at that point; it's the bottom of the scale I am concerned with, and (so far) I haven't gotten a reading below 40% on my busiest day!

916x10

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
That's because of how the battery displays capacity....it will show 100% capacity once the charges exceeds 95%, so if you were to unplug it as soon as it showed 100% it really wasn't fully charged and would only need to drop to 94% in order to then show 90% capacity. This is another instance where the circle battery widget comes in handy, it shows capacity in 1% increments so you can see exactly when you battery reaches full charge.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am clearly no expert, but most everything I've read says you should leave it charging for 2 to 3 hours after it says that. Personally, I don't care what my phone says at that point; it's the bottom of the scale I am concerned with, and (so far) I haven't gotten a reading below 40% on my busiest day!

This device by far has the best battery life I've seen on an Android Smartphone I'm am simply Astonished!

I currently have 7 different Android devices all Newish and had 10 others in 2011 this one is way underrated.

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This device by far has the best battery life I've seen on an Android Smartphone I'm am simply Astonished!

I currently have 7 different Android devices all Newish and had 10 others in 2011 this one is way underrated.

I simply could not be happier with this phone. It does everything I want quite well, and I have zero desire to use anything else. I don't even see myself switching to ICS, when (if) it comes!

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I could do without the Blur interface and definitely gonna throw ICS on when and if it comes, that's if I still have the device. I mean yeah its nice but everything has a price. Lol I have two of these right now one for sale.

Sent from my Nexus S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo