Anyone know when?

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Got 6 days to return my Captivate, and it's going back, talked to the ATT rep today and he said return and wait for the Atrix..He thinks the anouncment of iphone going to Verizon will speed up the release date of the Atrix...

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Sweet...as long as it's out before the end of February. I'm going on vacation and want the HD video recording (not to mention 2 weeks of being able to play with a new phone!)

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully AT&T will have some type of announcement this week - to take a bit of the news from Verizon after today's event. AT&T can still boast about its faster 3G network and of course make big news about the Atrix being the world's most powerful mobile phone.

For all the news articles saying that the iPhone will cause Android sales to flatline or drop - I don't buy it. Look at the success of Android phones on T-Mobile and Sprint. There were many people that simply want an Android phone. I remember when the EVO came out last year - it was a huge success because it was equal to the iPhone in many ways and in some ways it was better.

Same goes for the Atrix. Show me the iPhone's laptop dock, its gig of RAM, its 4" screen, its car dock or its ability to truly multi task.

For all those reason - and more - I think the Atrix has the ability to be a huge success even in the face of the iPhone coming to Verizon. I am a Verizon customer who's contract expired back in November. I do not want the iPhone and will be leaving Verizon for the Atrix. Had the Atrix come to Verizon - I would have stayed...but it didn't.

Now I just hope we get a release date soon. Hopefully before the end of the month!!!

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon on Iphone later this month early next!! Its confirmed!! Now the atrix as to be more than likely released before the iphone on verizon or AT&T will more than likely suffer alot of losses on customers.

shashankmittal

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am eagerly waiting for this phone...its specs are explosive!
Launching this phone before iPhone launches with Verizon will be a smart move on Motorola's part.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I signed up on the AT&T webpage for a notification via email when the phone is released.

MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G - Android 2.2 Smartphone - Wireless from AT&T

As did I - the day AT&T's Atrix webpage went active.

They need to get a release date out ASAP before people start signing up for the Verizon iPhone. It would be good if they could get it on sale prior to Feb. 3rd. Or at least have the presale date be prior to Feb 3rd. Better yet - have the phone launch before the end of January so that people can actually come into the AT&T stores and use the phone before pre-orders start at Verizon. They need to really ramp up the advertising of this to get the word out that this isn't far off in the future...but coming very very soon.

BloodiedWraith

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
It'll be available on March 1st. I don't have a price, but I now know for sure it comes with a micro SD card in the box (not sure the size). That's all I know over what you all do.

Reactions: spoiler61

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It'll be available on March 1st. I don't have a price, but I now know for sure it comes with a micro SD card in the box (not sure the size). That's all I know over what you all do.

Can you qualify your statement other than "i know." No offense intended, but how can we believe you on just your word?

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

If this is true then AT&T is shooting themselves in the foot really bad. Not the phone but themselves. They will lose countless of people to the iphone in verizon, and might lose thunder to other companies especially when MWC (if im no mistaken) and then the CTIA which are in Feburary and in march. If this phone comes out in march and HTC announces a dual-core phone with very similar specs they might lose even more people that way as well if such phone is announced on a different carrier which im sure wont be AT&T.

Blanco720

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
If this is true then AT&T is shooting themselves in the foot really bad. Not the phone but themselves. They will lose countless of people to the iphone in verizon, and might lose thunder to other companies especially when MWC (if im no mistaken) and then the CTIA which are in Feburary and in march. If this phone comes out in march and HTC announces a dual-core phone with very similar specs they might lose even more people that way as well if such phone is announced on a different carrier which im sure wont be AT&T.

All of this assumes that there will not be a media blitz (which we know is untrue based upon the current and upcoming commercials). People who would choose to grab a dual core ASAP are early adopters who certainly are aware of the Atrix and will either want to wait 20-40 days for the device or not based up on its specs and accessories.

RippThaJacker

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I think this is the same guy who is trolling the androidforums. he made a similar thread their claiming a March date without any way to back it up. Probably best to ignore him.

BloodiedWraith

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I think this is the same guy who is trolling the androidforums. he made a similar thread their claiming a March date without any way to back it up. Probably best to ignore him.

Wow, way to go accusing me of something without any way to back it up, hypocrite. I don't even visit androidforums. Any one else that works for ATT can go into MyCSP and search Atrix 4G and you'll find the link to the specs with the SKU and the release date and verify it, other than that you'll just have to either choose to believe me or not, I really don't care.

I've been a good source of release dates and pricing for years when I was with VZWs network team and if you were members of howardforums years ago and followed new devices for Big Red you'd know it that. So don't get your panties in a bunch because you're salivating over a new phone when someone comes in here and gives you some concrete information without actual proof. I'm not going to take a picture of the computer monitor or anything, but like I said ATT employees can verify this for you.

RippThaJacker

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, way to go accusing me of something without any way to back it up, hypocrite. I don't even visit androidforums. Any one else that works for ATT can go into MyCSP and search Atrix 4G and you'll find the link to the specs with the SKU and the release date and verify it, other than that you'll just have to either choose to believe me or not, I really don't care.

I've been a good source of release dates and pricing for years when I was with VZWs network team and if you were members of howardforums years ago and followed new devices for Big Red you'd know it that. So don't get your panties in a bunch because you're salivating over a new phone when someone comes in here and gives you some concrete information without actual proof. I'm not going to take a picture of the computer monitor or anything, but like I said ATT employees can verify this for you.

So your telling me that not 1 Att employee is smart enough in the entire country to do what you just did. If it was available for any Att employee, don't you think people would have confirmed it by now or took a screen shot?

I work in marketing so i know that no company is going to advertise a product in a football game in January if the release date is march 1st unless they are the stupidest people alive.

So sorry for calling bull**** on your no evidence troll job.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
So your telling me that not 1 Att employee is smart enough in the entire country to do what you just did. If it was available for any Att employee, don't you think people would have confirmed it by now or took a screen shot?

I work in marketing so i know that no company is going to advertise a product in a football game in January if the release date is march 1st unless they are the stupidest people alive.

So sorry for calling bull**** on your no evidence troll job.

What game was that? I have them saved on my DVR. I'd like to watch the ad.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing that and it was during the Cheats VS Ravens game, I know this because it's the only Wildcard game I watched....So Tivo on...I was just in ATT the other day and he did try searching but could not find any thing other then the 1st quarter this year, Ill check again tomorrow when I return my Captivate and see whats up....