What class is the Atrix SD card ? & how big is it ?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
BazzBro got me worried when he asked about the class of the ThunderBolt's SD card on the HTC ThunderBolt forum

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt/60140-class-sd-card.html

then I realized that Motorola didn't say what class of SD Card comes with the Atrix 4G or how big is it , all what they said was , That the Atrix 4G have 16GB internal space & up to 32GB external SD card (total of 48GB)

I looked everywhere to find out (Motorola's website , Hands on , unboxing ,... )
& none of them says anything about the SD card beside its a "microSDHC"

MOTODEV > Products > ATRIX? 4G MB860

Motorola ATRIX 4G - dual-core phone - Android smartphone - Tech Specs - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Does anyone know what class is it ? & how big is it ? (8GB , 16GB , 32GB ????)
& if it can handle 720p HD recording ? or 1080p when the update arrives ?

thanks ...

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No SD card is even required- it doesn't even come with one. The internal memory lists 16 GB, and it's certainly fast enough for 1080p video (otherwise Motorola wouldn't promise it). If you choose to add an additional SD card, a class 10 would be more than enough, IMO.

Reactions: IceDree

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
No SD card is even required- it doesn't even come with one. The internal memory lists 16 GB, and it's certainly fast enough for 1080p video (otherwise Motorola wouldn't promise it). If you choose to add an additional SD card, a class 10 would be more than enough, IMO.

+1 I recomend Lexar High Speed Flash memory card - 32 GB microSDHC - 1 x memory

Al-R8A7cK3BvmNBkoui7FXEffMxrweTbIFsMPsdxElPbk_5k6wx2dtsMi8n5x1yfOjJMXM-3hDw_PRPMmZbw7a6QinoO1AyG3DeZhGtTtKvXJFT80ViRG3rP2Ww1OQ

Reactions: IceDree

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If a class 10 is more than enough, where does everyone stand on a class 4 kingston?

do you need to transfer files as if your life depend on it because a gun is being held to your head?
If you've answered No, then a class 4 is more than suitable for you.

--
On another note, I still don't think that I'll somehow use up all 16gb internal memory (14gb after all the installed stuff) to go out and get a 32gb external card. But should that Lexar ever go cheap, I'll jump on it.

Reactions: jess.hickey

corneliusm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
A class 2 card can write at 2Mbps. I don't know the specific bitrate for the Atrix HD recording, but I think it's at 1Mbps. So a class 2 would work fine.
On my Nexus One with 720p video recording, I was running into buffering/skipping issues on a Class 4 card. Granted, this was H263 at 10mbps, so the bitrates were higher than H264-encoded video at a similar quality. That said, 1mbps 720p video even with H264 would have a lot of compression artifacts with a single-pass hardware encoder. I hope it's a little higher than that...

ka3yan

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I got a 16gb class 10 from newegg.com for like $38. It's a Patriot, so we'll see how it goes, but I have it in my BB now and it seems ok. I haven't tried any read/write tests.

I don't anticipate needing anything bigger than 16gb external for a while. By then, the 32gb will probably be cheaper.

anon(41845)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Just added this to my wishlist on Amazon. I definitely want to get a 32GB card - but I think I will work on filling up the Atrix memory that comes on board. Spending $700 on the phone, laptop dock, car dock and charging dock was enough of a pill to swallow. I think I will get the 32GB card in about another month or so.

Can't wait for the phone to ship. Hoping for a "sooner" ship date rather than a March 6th ship date.

textiaac

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just added this to my wishlist on Amazon. I definitely want to get a 32GB card - but I think I will work on filling up the Atrix memory that comes on board. Spending $700 on the phone, laptop dock, car dock and charging dock was enough of a pill to swallow. I think I will get the 32GB card in about another month or so.

Can't wait for the phone to ship. Hoping for a "sooner" ship date rather than a March 6th ship date.

Its on my amazon wish list too!
I feel overwhelmed by all these accessories and want to wait until the full release to buy them so I can budget my money better.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My Lexar 32GB Class 10 gets shipped tomorrow via the Postal Service. Too bad I'll have to wait until I get the Atrix in order to use it :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non