05-07-2012 09:03 AM
66 123
tools
  1. SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
    I was excited about this feature, but was concerned when some of the reviews made it seem" challenging" I have to admit, I already have the hang of it. Even after 5 rum and cokes I can get it in the first try 90% of the time, and on the second the other 10%. What an awesome feature!
    Are there any other things that you were concerned about but ended up being better than you imagined? The screen is the other thing, after reading about it not being anolled, or whatever its called, I am really impressed!
    02-21-2011 03:02 PM
  2. Scottish's Avatar
    I was excited about this feature, but was concerned when some of the reviews made it seem" challenging" I have to admit, I already have the hang of it. Even after 5 rum and cokes I can get it in the first try 90% of the time, and on the second the other 10%. What an awesome feature!
    Are there any other things that you were concerned about but ended up being better than you imagined? The screen is the other thing, after reading about it not being anolled, or whatever its called, I am really impressed!
    I, too, was concerned about the reliability of the fingerprint reader, but it has worked great for me, so far, as well!

    More of an annoyance for me is the button action of the power button (the effort it takes to activate it).
    02-21-2011 03:05 PM
  3. TheAspec's Avatar
    ... More of an annoyance for me is the button action of the power button (the effort it takes to activate it).
    I'm with ya. The scanner works great, the push the scanner/button in is taking some time to get use to but I have a feeling within a couple days it will be second nature.
    02-21-2011 03:07 PM
  4. ehvio's Avatar
    Even after 5 rum and cokes I can get it in the first try 90% of the time, and on the second the other 10%.
    Geez, I know it's 5 o'clock somewhere, man... But that somewhere is over the Atlantic right now!
    02-21-2011 03:10 PM
  5. SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
    Yeah, it takes a little bit to push that button in. Im also only used to one button on the bottom not 4! But im getting the hang of it quick.
    02-21-2011 03:11 PM
  6. textiaac's Avatar
    Yeah, it takes a little bit to push that button in. Im also only used to one button on the bottom not 4! But im getting the hang of it quick.
    Yea once I get used to it, in a week, i know that ill like it.
    02-21-2011 04:44 PM
  7. Terrigno's Avatar
    Yeah its actually pretty acurate. I had the parents take a swipe and no go. I did a quick swipe and it was good to go. Hasnt givin me any issues, Just dont swipe to fast and stay in the middle. Youll get used to it.
    02-21-2011 04:50 PM
  8. Dave__C's Avatar
    1. Make sure the way you swipe when enrolling is close to the way you will swipe later on when you unlock. If that turns out not to be the case, re-enroll.

    2. Do your best to swipe the pad of the finger across the sensor from top to bottom. Your finger should line up as indicated in the animation.

    3. You can actually unlock the phone with a swipe in either direction, up or down. In either case, it must be a "pull", not a push. In other words, start the slide from the base of pad to the tip of the finger whether you pull toward the bottom of the phone or the top.
    • This helps a lot when the phone is docked.
    DFW and electricelm like this.
    02-21-2011 07:18 PM
  9. boredanon's Avatar
    working great for me
    02-21-2011 07:19 PM
  10. kumarshah's Avatar
    Working great, but can't figure out how to unlock the phone using swipe without having to press power
    02-21-2011 07:52 PM
  11. textiaac's Avatar
    1. Make sure the way you swipe when enrolling is close to the way you will swipe later on when you unlock. If that turns out not to be the case, re-enroll.

    2. Do your best to swipe the pad of the finger across the sensor from top to bottom. Your finger should line up as indicated in the animation.

    3. You can actually unlock the phone with a swipe in either direction, up or down. In either case, it must be a "pull", not a push. In other words, start the slide from the base of pad to the tip of the finger whether you pull toward the bottom of the phone or the top.
    • This helps a lot when the phone is docked.
    Yea thats what i did and its helps a lot.
    02-21-2011 07:53 PM
  12. SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
    Working great, but can't figure out how to unlock the phone using swipe without having to press power
    You still have to press the power button to wake it up. Just instead of typing a password in, you can swipe your finger.
    02-21-2011 07:59 PM
  13. Dave__C's Avatar
    Working great, but can't figure out how to unlock the phone using swipe without having to press power
    It's designed that way. You press power to bring the device out of standby. Then you swipe to unlock. Just think of it as replacing PIN entry with fingerprint. If you were entering a PIN, you would need to first press a button to wake the device.
    02-22-2011 07:48 AM
  14. DCad's Avatar
    I like the accuracy of the scanner as well. I just hope that the scanner itself turns out to be durable over the life of the device and does not lose any accuracy.
    02-22-2011 07:52 AM
  15. Spoonap2's Avatar
    I'm kinda surprised how well the finger swipe works. For a moment, i thought it was a gimmick and no security feature. I had my wife try to unlock and it denied her print. Im loving this feature for sure. Good job Moto...
    02-22-2011 08:02 AM
  16. Lason's Avatar
    Not liking the power button at all, the fingerprint scanner on the other hand rocks!
    02-22-2011 08:28 AM
  17. Grim Reaper's Avatar
    Another +1 here! I love the fingerprint scanner, I was hesitant to use it at first but I have to say that it exceeds expectations. ^.^
    02-22-2011 08:31 AM
  18. hotleadsingerguy's Avatar
    I completely love it. It's apparently very accurate because using either hand I get it on the first swipe every time. The only times it hasn't worked was when I swiped right as I hit the button and it wasn't ready, and when I was trying to see if it worked in other ways (like swiping from bottom to top, sideways, etc...) Apparently it works much like laptop biometric readers where it reads a single line at a time instead of multiple. But, like one other guy said, that means you can roll it from either way as long as you go from ball to tip (no pun)
    02-22-2011 09:37 AM
  19. spielnicht's Avatar
    So what happens if you have an Exchange account that enforces a password on the phone???? I'm getting tomorrow...too anxious to find out then :-)
    02-22-2011 12:22 PM
  20. Lason's Avatar
    So what happens if you have an Exchange account that enforces a password on the phone???? I'm getting tomorrow...too anxious to find out then :-)
    You have multiple choices for locking the phone and even with the fingerprint scanner you have to setup a redundant numerical password.
    02-22-2011 12:35 PM
  21. KoukiFC3S's Avatar
    I keep pressing the speaker grill thinking its the power button.
    02-22-2011 12:45 PM
  22. SirGeorgeKillian's Avatar
    I keep pressing the speaker grill thinking its the power button.
    I've done the same thing!
    02-22-2011 01:07 PM
  23. BBQ1's Avatar
    just got the atrix and the fingerprint is not working at all. Trying to enroll it and its not registering anything, not even one time. Anyone else have issues. I have tried every finger every which way at different speeds and nothing ever registers.
    02-22-2011 01:13 PM
  24. dickr947's Avatar
    I find that I have to make sure I swipe exactly the same as when I enrolled. So pay attention to how you place and move your finger on the reader when enrolling so you can repeat it. When I first enrolled, I lifted my finger at the end. None of my swipes worked, so I re-enrolled and watched what I did with my finger. Now it works second time regularly.
    02-22-2011 01:14 PM
  25. BBQ1's Avatar
    I find that I have to make sure I swipe exactly the same as when I enrolled. So pay attention to how you place and move your finger on the reader when enrolling so you can repeat it. When I first enrolled, I lifted my finger at the end. None of my swipes worked, so I re-enrolled and watched what I did with my finger. Now it works second time regularly.
    I can't even enroll, nothing is registering.
    02-22-2011 01:17 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD