Auto-rotate not working on Atrix

georgiejr

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have not installed any 3rd party launcher, but all my home screens will not auto-rotate at all, unless I open up any application.

Does any of your home screens (7) auto-roate when you flip your phone horizontallly?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I have not installed any 3rd party launcher, but all my home screens will not auto-rotate at all, unless I open up any application.

Does any of your home screens (7) auto-roate when you flip your phone horizontallly?

I don't think the home screens are supposed to rotate

WilliamC

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The homescreens do not rotate unless you are using a different launcher, such as laucher pro or ADW.

If you have this problem in apps like the texting app, web browsing, and e-mail then there is something wrong.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
are you talking auto-rotate as going into landscape mode to type? Mine does that fine. Please clarify more to when you have problems.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
What he is referring to garz is no matter the orientation of the phone, it is stuck in landscape mode with the exception of the launcher itself. *have seen the issue*.

If anyone calls ATT support about this, please post what they said...the best i heard yet was "Take it to the store and they can recalibrate the sensor" ... correct me if i am wrong, but isn't that just a tiny bit beyond the typical store support? I thought all they could do was software and limited on that.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
What he is referring to garz is no matter the orientation of the phone, it is stuck in landscape mode with the exception of the launcher itself. *have seen the issue*.

If anyone calls ATT support about this, please post what they said...the best i heard yet was "Take it to the store and they can recalibrate the sensor" ... correct me if i am wrong, but isn't that just a tiny bit beyond the typical store support? I thought all they could do was software and limited on that.

ok thanks for the clarification. Just wanted to know in case I see the same problem

regis.stration

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
specifically . . .

on mine I check the "auto-rotate screen" box under Display Settings. I go out to the Home screen, then back to the Display Settings, and the "auto-rotate screen" is now un checked!

Then I suspected some app still loaded might be causing it so I went to the running programs and closed them all. Now the "auto-rotate screen" stayed checked, and the apps now rotated as expected.

I don't know which app(s) caused it but I will try to track what I load to see if I can determine which app unchecks the auto rotate.

Hope this helps someone . . .

regis

bolte7

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. When I check mark the auto-rotate screen, the screen automatically moves to landscape even though the the phone is portrait. If I uncheck it, it moves back to portrait.

The main screens this happens in is the app drawer, settings, and ATK. When Gingerbread was first updated, the rotation worked fine. To my knowledge nothing was changed/removed/added between working and not working.

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Calibrate compass
Turn of auto rotate
Shutdown
Pull battery
Power up
Turn on auto rotate

In that order, it shouldn take care of that.

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)

Waterbury Guy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact same issue, except mine goes into landscape mode on everything except the home screen. I have tried the above steps posetd by robkort, no dice. ATT warranty wants me to do a master reset, which will wipe everything from my phone. I have a feeling this is not going to do anything to fix the issue....

robkort

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have this exact same issue, except mine goes into landscape mode on everything except the home screen. I have tried the above steps posetd by robkort, no dice. ATT warranty wants me to do a master reset, which will wipe everything from my phone. I have a feeling this is not going to do anything to fix the issue....

Sorry to hear that. :(

Sent from my stock Atrix 2.3.4 using Tapa :)