Cleared notification for update and now I can't get it back

HSPAminus

Apr 30, 2011
www.ifixit.com
My phone finally showed that the update was available a little while ago, but my battery was really low and I wasn't in a Wi-Fi area. I figured I could just clear my notification bar, and manually search for the update when I was back in a charge-able area with Wi-Fi. When I then went through the process of checking for an update (Settings->About Phone->System Updates) and it said I'm up to date. Does the fact that I cleared the notification bar without installing the update mean I'm SOL here, or is there some other way to get that update to appear again?

I guess I could have just left the notification there rather than clearing it, but hindsight is 20-20, isn't it?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You should be alright. Just give it time and it should pop up again hopefully. But from what Im told, the official update is not pushed out yet?

HSPAminus

Apr 30, 2011
www.ifixit.com
I definitely had a notification that there was a system update available for my phone. I just hope that by clearing the notification I haven't made it so I'll never get to upgrade to 4.1.83 :(

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
When they did the .57 update I kept clearing the notice and it would come back every few hours.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
My 1.5.7 kept popping up every hour or so. Give it time it will show up again.

Atleast there is hope for the rest of us that are holding out for the "official" upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana