Looking for ideas on Launcher Pro home screen layouts

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm three weeks in to my new Atrix from a five year BlackBerry stint. Absolutely loving it! I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying it. I'm like a kid in a candy store! Haven't gotten into rooting, sideloading, and such, but I will...just a matter of time.

Just installed Launcher Pro and I'm looking for any ideas on nice-looking, original, or unusual layouts people are using, as in, how you are setting up your home screen. I just set mine up last night with most of my favorite app shortcuts and widgets, but it just looks...blechhhh. Not pretty. Since it's the screen I look at the most, I'd like it to be aesthetically pleasing, both in portrait and landscape.

So do any of you have ideas? Number of rows and columns? Best widgets and apps? Something to make it balance nicely both on its side and straight up? I'm open to any suggestions, and screenshots are always welcome! :D

TIA!

Conor18

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading some themes for your widgets from the market. I always make sure my widgets theme goes hand in hand with my wallpaper :3

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm three weeks in to my new Atrix from a five year BlackBerry stint. Absolutely loving it! I can't believe how much more I'm enjoying it. I'm like a kid in a candy store! Haven't gotten into rooting, sideloading, and such, but I will...just a matter of time.

Just installed Launcher Pro and I'm looking for any ideas on nice-looking, original, or unusual layouts people are using, as in, how you are setting up your home screen. I just set mine up last night with most of my favorite app shortcuts and widgets, but it just looks...blechhhh. Not pretty. Since it's the screen I look at the most, I'd like it to be aesthetically pleasing, both in portrait and landscape.

So do any of you have ideas? Number of rows and columns? Best widgets and apps? Something to make it balance nicely both on its side and straight up? I'm open to any suggestions, and screenshots are always welcome! :D

TIA!
Thor, just curious, did you give any other UI's a hard look? Particularly Spb Shell 3D? Just curious why you selected Launcher Pro?

loderjm

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked out the Screenshots thread (sticky)? Also recommend viewing the Screenshot threads of other devices that have been out longer to get even more ideas. They often will list their widgets/apps used to get the certain look.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

TIA!

Here are 2 forums that are really good. Start from the newest posts and work back from there. The first is from The Laucher Pro forums, and the second is from the X forums (both really good). Trust me you will spend hours looking through both for ideas!!

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Show your homescreen (no nudity)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/24238-post-your-droid-x-screens-201.html

**************The links will take you to the most recent posts, work back from there.

Mason24

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I saw. Demo on xda site for spb shell 3D it was awesome . By installing
This does this eliminate the motoblur. Thanks for info mason24

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thor, just curious, did you give any other UI's a hard look? Particularly Spb Shell 3D? Just curious why you selected Launcher Pro?

I did look at a couple of others, but I haven't been messing with it long enough to study them in depth. I just have read so much about LP that I decided to give it shot. So far I like it pretty well. As with anything, over time I'm sure I'll try others.

I have looked at SPB Shell 3D. It looks VERY nice, but not sure I want to spend $15 on a launcher yet. I may consider it if the price drops a little.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked out the Screenshots thread (sticky)? Also recommend viewing the Screenshot threads of other devices that have been out longer to get even more ideas. They often will list their widgets/apps used to get the certain look.

Funny you mention that, because after I posted, it occurred to me to do just that. As a result, I've made some changes, downloaded some additional HD wallpapers, and added Beautiful Widgets. I'm still working on it though...

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Here are 2 forums that are really good. Start from the newest posts and work back from there. The first is from The Laucher Pro forums, and the second is from the X forums (both really good). Trust me you will spend hours looking through both for ideas!!

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Show your homescreen (no nudity)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/24238-post-your-droid-x-screens-201.html

**************The links will take you to the most recent posts, work back from there.

Thanks for the thread links...will definitely check these out!

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You can use desktop visualizer to make custom icons. This isn't just for launcher pro but for any launcher. Just find a nice icon pack and you can really customize your homescreens.