I am one who forgot cuz its been so long

AznAznAzn112

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey fellow cappy's. I have ran in to an issue. I FORGOT HOW TO DO EVERYTHING.
So I just bought a jig and waiting for it to come in the mail. So once I get it, it should go in to download mode. Then I was going to Flash it back to Froyo. -Flashback- So I was trying to downgrade my buddies cappy to Rogers and it epic failed ( this was for the gingerbread update via kies). All goes to worst and then I got it on Gingerbread thru Odin and this was with a file from along time ago like the first leaked files EVER. Now I tried to master reset and then it went into a boot loop. Now I was wondering is there any of the Gingerbread Files from the official release out? If not is there any way someone can re tell me how to root it and flash a custom rom onto the phone cuz I forgot that the recovery mode button for enter is not the same as if they could use another button. I forgot how I bypassed it the last time(way back when the files leaked). PLEASE HELP THIS IS MY PHONE ON THE LINE . Cuz my buddy is using it and im trying to get into his and now IM PHONELESS TT_____TT HELP. Also if i dont get it back to him I dont get my phone back either.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
[ROM][2.3.4][Gingerbread KH3]♦ Pinnacle 1.3 ♦ 09/24 - xda-developers

The above link is how I would do it. You NEED to know how to do download mode though, and you do not need a jig. The sticky above in this forum on rooting and whatnot, has the info on how to do this. If you cannot do the key combos, you do not want to be flashing anything at all.

There are three files in the above link you will want. The 1.2 full ROM package, the 1.3 non-wipe update, and below the screenshots is a installation helper package. That package should have everything you need, including a README. But again, you MUST know how to use the key combos to get into Download and Recovery- no business flashing until you do. Not being a jerk, just emphasizing it, because it IS that important.

Here is a copy of the readme in the file above-

- Download Pinnacle ROM package and place it on your SD card before flashing bootloaders & kernel.

- Open 1 - bootloaders, Open ODIN and connect your phone to PC in download mode, when ODIN recongnizes your phone hit start.

- Open ODIN_Kernel_Flasher in 2 - Kernel folder, add Kernel.tar to PDA, uncheck auto reboot, Connect
your phone in download mode to PC and hit start. Once complete pull the battery and reboot your phone in recovery mode using regular
captivate keycombo.

- Once in Orange CWM recovery navigate to find Pinnacle ROM package, and flash it. The initial boot
will take sometime.

Vol UP + Vol Down + Power = Recovery
Vol UP + Vol Down + USB insert = Download

The key codes are right there ^, and they work. Just takes practice. Pinnacle is not the latest release, but once you get on that, you should be able to flash newer builds easy enough from CWM. If you want- Pinnacle is very very good, with the best battery life for the Captivate yet.

AznAznAzn112

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
well the thing is im in a boot loop and i have tried all of the combos to get in to download mode and i still cant get in so I read up and it says that the j=ig will always work until it goes into a hard brick or just craps the F**k Out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non