Please Help, won't boot after trying Froyo update

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to load the leaked Froyo today and it looked like it was going good but now it won't power on. Tried a second time but Odin doesn't see the phone. Can only do 3 button boot and it gets:

Install default apk-files. please wait
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(Invalid argument)
E:copy_data_default_apk:Can't mount DBDATA:

your storage not prepared yet. please use UI me
nu for format and reboot actions.

I can reboot but it just does the AT&T and Galaxy S splash screen then blacks out till I do 3 button again.....PLEASE HELP! :(

Thanks

matboud

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Can you get into download mode? (Power off, Hold volume up and down, insert USB)? If so, you should be able to use Odin to reload the software.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Is their a difference between Odin and Odin3? Odin3 doesn't do anything when I try download mode. I tried stock ROM but it's a rar file and my PC won't open it.....

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Trying a second time. Guess I wasn't getting it powered down so it wan't in download mode. Pulled the battery and was able to get Odin to see it. Will update soon.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Failed with same error. Trying Master Clear but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Phone is just showing the downloading screen. I guess I'll give it 15-20. If nothing by then I guess it's due to the error and I'll do another battery pull and try loading Froyo again.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
When the phone reboots and gets to the system recovery, Odin shows <ID:0/011> Removed!!, then after a few moments it shows
<ID:0/011> Completed..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0) but the phone doesn't change.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed the soft keys on the bottom of the screen light up but nothing is shown on the screen after it gets past the splash screens. Anyone have ideas? Anyone?

fireshot91

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me. I don't think you're trying the Odin3 One Click thing correctly.

You take out battery, put in battery, plug in cable to computer, hold both volume buttons (Don't touch the power button). It should enter download mode (Android digging icon), then open Odin3, and use that to fix it.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me. I don't think you're trying the Odin3 One Click thing correctly.

You take out battery, put in battery, plug in cable to computer, hold both volume buttons (Don't touch the power button). It should enter download mode (Android digging icon), then open Odin3, and use that to fix it.

I do that and it loads fine. Shows the downloading screen and has the progress bar but once it's full it reboots and gives the error. You say to hold the volume buttons after plugging it in....I thought you did that before. I'll try the cable first and see what happens.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone is back on line! Had to study how to unpack .rar files to get to the stock .exe and was able to load that. I think my problems were from not disabling the Voodoo lag fix. Probably shouldn't push my luck but now I'll try Froyo again, lol.

Update: Was able to upgrade to Froyo without any problems this time. About time! :)

Last edited:

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not disabling (voodoo etc) lagfix is a known issue, as is using the wrong USB drivers. Sounds as if you're on top of the voodoo issue.

If you go to the one-click-odin post at xda forums, the correct usb drivers are linked on the first page.

Hope this helps,

AoN

Reactions: Redneckbutlerboy

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Not disabling (voodoo etc) lagfix is a known issue, as is using the wrong USB drivers. Sounds as if you're on top of the voodoo issue.

If you go to the one-click-odin post at xda forums, the correct usb drivers are linked on the first page.

Hope this helps,

AoN

The sad thing is I've read about making sure you disable it before and even did it a few days ago when trying to do the OTA. Guess I just got a bit excited and had a brain fart. Just glad I was able to get it working again without having to do anything drastic like splice in a USB cable like the guy from Engadget had to lol.

bilocan

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have more or less the same problem for HTC Legend, can i use the same method?

I cant enter android at all. When i press the power button HTC splash screen appears. Finally a picture of a phone and big red triangle appears :S

Any ideas?

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You're probably better off posting in a forum for the HTC legend - best bet would be to also check whether there's one for your carrier-specific model over at XDA forums.

AoN

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87