need help asap

larod213

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded my phone to Froyo. Shortly I decided to root my new 2.2 captivate. Everything was going fine until today. I wanted to see if I could sideload apps. So I downloaded sideload wonder machine. When i went to try to use it, my phone started acting laggy. Next, the time in the upper right corner went away. At first, I was running it on debug and my phone wasnt mounted. I mounted the phone because I had an app saved on my internal SD, so I wanted to get it from phone to pc. Thats when it started acting real sluggish. Thats when I decided to unmount it but when i did My phone stopped working completely. So i decided to turn it off. When i turned it back on it went to the att screen and the galaxy s screen. Then my phone started vibrating. Now its pulsing! it vibrates in intervals of about 10-15 seconds. After the galaxy screen the screen goes black but the bottom four keys stay lit up. and it continues to pulse. Ive tried to pull out the battery give it a min n put it back on. ive tried to get to the reboot menu but wont let me get to it. Any suggestions? Is it bricked? thanks in advance

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded my phone to Froyo. Shortly I decided to root my new 2.2 captivate. Everything was going fine until today. I wanted to see if I could sideload apps. So I downloaded sideload wonder machine. When i went to try to use it, my phone started acting laggy. Next, the time in the upper right corner went away. At first, I was running it on debug and my phone wasnt mounted. I mounted the phone because I had an app saved on my internal SD, so I wanted to get it from phone to pc. Thats when it started acting real sluggish. Thats when I decided to unmount it but when i did My phone stopped working completely. So i decided to turn it off. When i turned it back on it went to the att screen and the galaxy s screen. Then my phone started vibrating. Now its pulsing! it vibrates in intervals of about 10-15 seconds. After the galaxy screen the screen goes black but the bottom four keys stay lit up. and it continues to pulse. Ive tried to pull out the battery give it a min n put it back on. ive tried to get to the reboot menu but wont let me get to it. Any suggestions? Is it bricked? thanks in advance

Well a brick is something that does not turn on...so you answered that question. There is no way the side load wonder machine would screw your phone up, somewhere you must have deleted a vital file. If you can get your phone into download mode you can restore your phone back to 2.2 or even 2.1. I would go to xda, look in the dev section search the forum for odin. You will need to look for threads created by a guy named designgears and you will find what you need. Please search over at xda and do not make posts because searching will really help you with future issues. Now if you search and don't find any answers post in the proper section. ;) Hope this helps...I am military and do not believe in spoon feeding.

larod213

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have done research. I've never had nothing handed to me in life. Everything i do, i do on my own. I researched and couldn't find an answer. Seeing that I am leaving for offshore in 3 days I was trying to figure out if its fixable or should I get a new one. But thanks for your help, I'll keep trying.

anneoneamouse

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Look at the following threads:

You'll need to know how to get into download mode to use ODIN (there's a key combination, or you can use adb).

Download the one-click odin that will get you back to JF6 (original AT&T ROM)- note that you won't be quite stock, so the OTA update will not work, but a KIES download will

[STOCK ROM] Odin3 One-Click Downloader and Drivers CAPTIVATE ONLY - xda-developers

Other options- have a look at the Cognition Rom, try one of the ODIN versions (simpler I think than the clockwork approach):

[ROM]Cognition v2.3b3 (Voodoo - CogKernel - Bootanimation) *11/5/2010* - xda-developers

For either option, I would consider performing a master clear (wipes the phone), before using ODIN. This means back up / export any files on the phone-ROM first, otherwise you'll lose everything.

For master clear- fire up odin, then connect the phone with debugging turned on, select master clear in odin.

To use odin to update your phone- fire up odin, then connect the phone, then change phone to download mode, then hit start. Don't mess with anything until you see the all threads complete message (may involve more than one reboot of the phone).

Hope this helps,

AoN

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch